THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Friday, February 26, 2010

"SWEET SPRING"

Dealing with another "snow day" - we had to close the store again today...the parking lot didn't even get plowed until 3 pm.   Not a very good Open House week - let's hope everyone has "cabin fever" and NEEDS to shop this weekend! 
Being closed today did give me time to remake some of the items that were sold out on Wednesday...you never know what is going to sell - that is some of the fun of being a country storekeeper.  I made this sweet little woolen peep and nested it on an old wooden spool of thread and they all sold.  I only have one spool with thread on it left (that is a pretty spring color) so in the morning I will stop at the Antique Mall up the street from us to look for more.  I don't have any pictures of it to share....:(  !!!
The "Sweet Spring" pillow is made by Terri Leamer of The Olde Button Tin - she cross-stitched the Sweet Spring (very tiny holes to put that needle thru)  and added some flowers on an olde doily she purchased.   She then button attached the doily to the pillow she made.   I just love it and I am sure someone else will too !!

6 comments:

Holly Hills Primitives said...

I'm so sorry about your weather. Sure is sad when you put all the planning into an open house and then something like this happens. BUT, I'm sure the customers will come flooding in as soon as the weather clears. THINK SPRING!!! Dawn

cathie said...

Dear Judy,
I would love to come to your Spring Open House but we are not only fighting the darn snow, but we are all recuperating from a nasty virus that hit us hard. Just starting to feel "human" again. I hope to see you next week (I don't want to spread this to you).
Maybe I'll bring Eva...you know how much she likes to spend...of my money!
Sorry the weather was so stinky for your event. Whatever did you do to Mother Nature??? It's not nice to fool Mother Nature.
Take care.

ctlogcabin said...

Thought of you all day Judy..as the storm raged on. Fingers crossed for some sunshine and customers by the car load this week-end.
Love & Sunny Hugs ~~ me xox

The Feathered Nest said...

Hey sweetie!!! I'm so sorry about all the snow storms up your way...I'll pray that you get tons of cabin fever customers this weekend, OK??!! The pillow is just precious and I'm sure it won't last ~ hugs and love dear friend, Dawn

Lori Katies Rose Cottage said...

The pillow is so precious ! I just love it ~ I definitely have cabin fever and would love to be there ~ I wish I didn't live so far away ~
xoxo
Lori

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

My gosh you have had so much snow...it's incredible.

The pillow is just beautiful.
I clicked on it to make it bigger so I could see the detail...oh my it's wonderful.

Karen