THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

BLOOMING AND BLOOMING AND BLOOMING...


Just had to show you the daffodils that Connie (http://www.logcabinprimitives.blogspot.com/) gave me two weeks ago.... I am getting so much JOY from them - some were "dead" so I had to cut them from the basket....but there are so many buds that keep blooming.
That dumb olde silly groundhog saw his shadow today and ran away to hide....silly groundhog...doesn't he know it is SPRING at THE CINNAMON STICK ???? Just look at the pretty flowers!!!!
Here is a picture of a new piece that Tony just found and cleaned up a bit....a wonderful olde medicine cupboard with beveled mirror and a "drawer"....too cool!
It was very hard for me to get a picture without ME in the mirror....almost had to stand on my head and take it from my toes....!!
Cold and damp here today....no wonder Punxsutawney Phil ran and hid !!!
Blakely (5 year olde granddaughter) is coming to spend a few hours with me today....we are going to go pick up some "birch branches" for the store and then out to lunch! She is a character...never know what she is going to say....out of the mouths of babes.....I shouldn't tell you this but she was playing a game on "her" computer and typed in a bad word.....if you do something like that you get put in "jail"....for 24 hours and cannot play. Her siblings "squealed" on her and her excuse was...she closed her eyes to type in "hi" and it came it "hxll".....my son said he couldn't believe she thought of an answer so quickly.......I told him she got it honestly!!!
( - remember when I typed..."paybacks are......" Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...... goes for him too)


6 comments:

Carmen C. said...

Those flowers look wonderful on this cold feb. day, thanks for sharing them:) Isn't it strange how ole' Phil seems to see his shadow EVERY year?!!!

TeresaM said...

OH MY!!!! I love the daffodils! They look so nice in that jar... beautiful! Thanks for sharing that breath of Spring!

What a cute funny story about your granddaughter!

The Feathered Nest said...

I love the daffodils Judy!!! I know you are loving them too...and the cabinet ~ OHMY...I'm in LOVE with it!!!! It will not last long my friend!!!! And what a precious babe...and a quick thinker ~ hugs and love, Dawn

ctlogcabin said...

Miss Judy..so happy to see the flowers are still bringing you some Joy, they look so Sweet. Love the cabinet..its a Beauty !! Yes I just wrote about Phil the little darling, wont stop me from dreaming of Spring. Enjoy your time with Blakely, shes
cute, & sharp like her Grammy.
Love & Hugs ~ Connie xox

UPON A HILL said...

Love the daffodils & the cabinet. It looks all cracked, chippy & white. Beautiful!

Blessings~Kim

gail said...

i WANT that cabinet!
hope you have a wonderful story about your adventure with Blakely.