THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Sunday, January 10, 2010

THEY CAME....

The Paranormal people came last night with their FULL report....some good stuff was "captured" on their recording devices. I have a written report but much was (in their words)
inconclusive - they WANT to come back when they can spend more time (inclement weather -snowstorm- only allowed them to stay for 1 1/2 hours...they like to stay for 4-5 during the wee hours of the morning. Words were heard...I have a disc of the questions asked and RESPONSES....also of a door closing on the first floor (only one door in this room and that is the basement door which has an olde slateboard hanging on it that also bangs when the door is closed..the door is on spring type hinges and closes automatically after being opened )....we did not hear the slateboard banging....the front and back doors have BELLS on them that RING whenever opened or shut! No one was in the store at the time of the door closing (they were in the Hereford Hotel across the street where they also had equipment set up) There are published accounts of the activity that goes on in the Hotel....they are also the owners of our building. Anyway....one thing that I told them was about the drawers on my candy counter - antique card catalog table from a library 9 feet long - with 30 drawers (15 over 15) that I keep candy in for sale. Many mornings when I come into the store some or all the drawers are closed....I keep them open. they set up a video camera but nothing happened. However when they were in the basement (3 women) also 3 men in the attic...then they traded places (I have NEVER had any experiences in the basement and did not know they were going down there - I left a mess) Anyway the men got nothing when they were in the basement.. ..the women got lots of action....heavy breathing (bit it did not record) They had a machine that lit up when forceful energy was there. They asked many questions (all on the disc) and got responses with the lights...but when they asked if this person was the one who closed the drawers on the candy counter the machine really lit up and was flashing....you can hear the response of the women....all excited saying whoa....it wasn't till later in the evening that the "door closing" was heard - when no one was in the store... I do think it was one of the candy drawers being shut.....I am going to close one of the drawers when I go to the store to see if that is the same sound. FUN! There is lots more...words - answers to questions - and very distinguishable - very exciting.
After everyone left (Kay from the store next to ours HOMESPUN stayed too to hear)...the store was very dark and I was there alone....it did feel a bit "creepy" !!
I have to go to the store now to WORK ....so I will tell you more later. What a unique experience this is!

12 comments:

Janet - underthewillow said...

sounds like your library card catalog might be inhabited! cool!

enjoy the day!

Janet

Carmen C. said...

How exciting! I would imagine they would find /hear more though if they were there longer, as 1 1/2 hrs. is probably but a mili-second in the spirit world:)I am fascinated with the paranormal not for the "ghost story" effect but it proves that we are more than a physical body and we do "go on" after death, and that is a very comforting thing to those of us who have lost loved ones:)Thank you for sharing!

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

I think this is the greatest thing!
I just don't know what to say except that I do believe in it completely.
How neat is this.
Thanks for sharing judy!
Karne

The Brickhouse said...

HOW COOL IS THAT! I am fascinated by that "stuff"..had my own experiences at times in my life...nothing lke that in my Shop though...the drawers of candy being closed at night..that is like WOW!!!!
~~Patti~~

Linda* ~ TheKeepingroom said...

Oh, wow!I love this kind of stuff!
I watch all the "ghost" shows...Ghost Advebtures, Ghost Hunters,Paranormal State,ect...
I can't get enough!
Happy Haunting!...;)
Linda*

Notes from the Homestead said...

How neat! I am addicted to Ghost Hunters on the SyFi channel, so this is right up my alley!
I bet it was one of your candy drawers shutting! Keep us all posted! Thanks for sharing!!
~Kim

QUAINT AND PLAIN said...

LOVE IT~~~~ I HAVE CHILLS WHEN I READ YOUR WORDS.. HAVING BEEN TO YOUR SHOP MANY TIMES I CANT HELP BUT WONDER IF "THE SPIRITS" WHERE IN THERE WITH ME!!! DOODLE~DOODLE!! YOUR TALES ARE PRICELESS...XXXXX

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

Neat! I can't wait until your next post to read more about it:)

Rondell

The Rustic Victorian said...

It's not every blog that has a ghost story....hope they don't make a mess of the buttons!
Good luck!
Marcie

Cheryl said...

Such an thrilling yarn! Can't get enough of "Ghost Hunters" and that TAPS team - now I'm following along in blogland! Staying tuned for ANY updates. :-0

VERY interesting indeed!

Angie Berry said...

Haha! I can't wait to show my family this post. My husband and every kid (even my 4 yr old) loves those shows! They have to record every single one. Why, even yesterday my 4 yr old wanted to watch an episode, even though he was all by himself!

I think it's neat that your candy drawers close. Hmm.. are they trying to tell you that sweets aren't too good for you??

ctlogcabin said...

Oh Miss Judy ... Im a fraidy cat, you may have to come with me next time Im at the store and want to go to the second floor. :-)
Hugs ~ Connie xox