THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Monday, January 11, 2010

MY NEW/OLDE BUTTON TIN !!




Shopping at the Antique Mall (one mile North of our store) I saw this wonderful olde button (well really it is for "snaps") display tin. I really fell in love with it....don't ask why just some things "hit" you and you just "gotta have it" !! Well - it was alot of money for the condition it was in so I just sort of TRIED to forget about it....I couldn't - and went back the following week and said "if it was still there it was MINE"....and it is MINE !! Tony worked on cleaning it up and making the tin drawers open and close - most are great ...just one giving me alittle trouble but it still works. I am going to fill the drawers with "buttons for sale". I have buttons and more buttons and more buttons - whatever am I to do with them now has been answered....FOR SALE! For years upon years we have purchased olde jars and many are filled with buttons...so I have many. There are eight drawers and I will color code the buttons in them. I am sorting some in our attic studio everytime I go up there. (I have asked the "spirits" for some help but so far that hasn't happened) The size of the drawers are "slightly" graduated so I have to make "tags" for each drawer - a couple weeks ago I purchased (with my A.C. Moore coupon) a Fiskers Portable cutter - I LOVE IT !! Just like a paper cutter but small and so much easier to use than my big paper cutter...much easier to measure with! Now I want one for home. Maybe today I can buy one as Sharon and I are taking a FUN day out shopping - ALL DAY! If I get one I will take a picture and share so if you don't already have one you might want to invest...$20 and 40% coupon makes it well worth the money!
In the background of the pictures is the "now" infamous candy counter - rightfully named MISS WIGGLESWORTH CANDY COUNTER - patiently waiting for the Valentine candy to arrive this coming week!

8 comments:

Suzie said...

Oh, I LOVE it! My daughter, daughter-in-law and I are always looking for neat cubbies and pieces with drawers when we go antiquing! What a find!!

And my eyes fell upon the wooden counter behind your new find. What a gorgeous piece!!

I'm so happy that those treasures have found a new home where they are appreciated!

Have a fun day shopping, and let us know what you find!!

The Rustic Victorian said...

I have a weakness for small shelvies w/drawers and doors...I would have snagged it too!
Have fun!
Marcie

Carolyn Smith said...

What a wonderful piece of history! Who knew that there was such a thing. I'm so envious of you & Sharon having your day together, wish I could be there. Have great day!

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Oh you two, another fun day! I'm ready for one of those - maybe this Friday. Love your new display piece, perfect for the shop. Have lots of fun, Dawn

UPON A HILL said...

What a neat piece!

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

Great button tin - I love that it still has all the lettering on it and how you are going to use it...so neat.
Karen

Janet - underthewillow said...

what a cool find! it was meant to be! have fun shopping!

Janet

Angie Berry said...

Love it! I'm with Suzie and Marcie... I also love these and am always on the lookout for them. My last purchase was a 6 drawer reproduction library card case. It is so adorable!

What a wonderful idea to separate your buttons by color for each drawer. It would be fun making tags for them too. I would like to see it when you are finished. I have been thinking about how I'm going to make tags for my box.

If I came to your shop, I would probably be right there 'oohing and aahing' over them. I love buttons!