THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I don't know how it could get any better.....


Today was just an awesome day !!! Started with having Blakely - my 5 year old granddaughter - going to work with me today so her Mom ( my DIL) could finish up all her odds and ends (wrapping for four kids and lots of family) ! I offered to do this and what a fun day we had together. You can tell just by the smile on her face. She is NOT shy and talked with all the customers - of course Grandmom has stickers, glue and lots of glitter to make things...She spent some good time up in the attic making Christmas gifts for what she calls ''My Family" and some for herself!! She was a real trooper and quite the little helper. (She also told me that I should pay her $100. cause she worked hard) !!!
We stopped at the Post Office before opening and there was a PACKAGE waiting for me....my Sweet Christmas Tillie that I won on Lori Rippey's blog give-away... http://www.homespunprims.blogspot.com/ was in the package. Okay...here goes what I can only describe as one of the best handmades I have had the pleasure to own. AND I am no easy pushover when it comes to handmades....I KNOW WORKMANSHIP MADE BY LOVING HANDS - I have been around for a LONG time and have seen much... I sell handmades by some of the BEST Folk artists and this sweet little girl is one of the best crafted dolls. If you get a chance to purchase a doll from Lori - DO IT -.....you will NOT be disappointed. Here she is seated in a chair I had just waiting for someone to occupy!! (this little chair belonged to my daughter when she went to kindergarten, we purchased it along with a "desk" from France for her) !! Here is the desk and chair...AND CHRISTMAS TILLIE!!!!
AND the day was not over....Joanne from http://snippetsandscrapsandpieces.blogspot.com/ stopped in with a PRESENT too.....(what a fun day) !! She "hooked" this "snow" ball ornament for me. What a wonderful gift - I have it hanging in my kitchen already....on an olde pig hook!! The card was perfect too....Thank you again Joanne!!!
and one more picture.....a cute little story....Blakely made this "tin can" reindeer in Nursery School last week....she couldn't wait to show me cause "Grandmom likes things that are rusty looking" !!! Bless her heart!! Here is a picture of her "reindeer".....
Guess who gets the business when we retire!!!!!!

9 comments:

Ginny said...

Judy-it must be in the genes, Blakely is a natural, just like Grandma, what a little doll she is.

Janet - underthewillow said...

What a fund day indeed!

I have one of Lori's Tillies in red and love her!

Your little granddaughter is absolutely adorable!

Merry Christmas Judy!
Janet

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Hi Judy, Isn't it just the best to have those little grandchildren come to work? Sometimes it's a little stressful, but what great memories they will have for years to come! Two of our seven come with me quite often and I always say they will be the ones to take over someday too. I hope you and Tony have the best Christmas ever! Happy holidays, Dawn

Thistlebrooms said...

Love the Hooked Snowman ornament!!!

It's always Fun to have those little Elf helpers giving you a hand, a what a Cutie she is...Bet your SO Proud...

Wishing you & your Family The Best this Christmas and the New Year...

~Marilyn

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

What a great post.
Your granddaughter looks spirited! In a good way...lol. I like children who aren't afraid to talk to people and enjoy themselves and not sit back....good for her.

Your doll is just adorable - Congratulations.

Have a wonderful Christmas Judy.

Karen

Chatty Kathy~Palmetto Prims said...

I have a granddaughter who is a little crafter too!! Don't you just love items they make? That tin can reindeer is adorable!! You got some wonderful gifts!! I wish you a very Merry Christmas!

Joanne said...

Blakely was certainly a little charmer - great shopkeeper she is - already on her way!

Have a great Christmas!

Kudzu said...

Merry Christmas!

kudzu

ctlogcabin said...

Judy ~~ Hope you all had a
Merry Christmas.
What a Sweetie Blakely is, how cute, a fun day for the both you, Great Memories.
Your presents are Beautiful..the Doll & the Ornament,are treaures, enjoy.
Hope you are enjoying a little down time.
Hugs ~ Connie xox.