THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Thursday, December 31, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR...

"WINTER BLUES"

...I can feel it in my bones...a good year is before us !!! I am so blessed with loving family, two terrific children, 8 adorable and ornery grandkids, a kind and loving husband and my sweet friends....God Bless all my friends!!
We are stay-at-home- New Year's partyers.....(Tony is already sound asleep) !! The year ended with a snowstorm...a long phone visit with my bestest far-away friend...and a Burger King dinner...Life is Good!!
Looking back on 2009 it wasn't all that bad...except for August....gosh I don't want to go thru another August in the store ever.....!!! We met many new customers thru out the year are and grateful for all of them. The year started with our Valentine Social...sweets for the sweethearts, an old-fashion Valentine Box with lots of entries for prizes! Easter/Spring Open House was lots of fun.....always nice to bring out the "country" pastels after the drab days of Winter.... lots of bunnies were hopping around. Our Herb Faire was quite grand....even though I had to put all the herbs on the porches because of the STORMS! Yummy....Lavender Egg Salad...(thank you Susan - http://www.hennypennyscountrystore.blogspot.com/ -for the culinary lavender) Beeskep cupcakes with sugared johnny-jump-ups, tea sandwiches with lavender lemonade helped make the "faire" quite nice....the garden fairies are so kind and left lots of fairy dust for me to sell. Our Fairy Garden classes were so much fun too...new ideas for this year's classes (but the same old food)! I don't really have much to say about summer.....it was long and very quiet in the store....ppppspssspppstpppssstt (verbal raspberries being given here) But alas...Harvest Thyme Open House....so much fun. We love Halloween...and do it BIG !! Great handcrafters filling the store with such wonderful treasures...and for the first time...our WITCHES NITE OUT !! So much more than I expected....especially when my dear friend Barbara (http://www.turkeyhollowamericanfolkart.blogspot.com/) showed up in full "witches dress" to surprise me...all the way from Washington State(okay...she was on her way East to visit...but her timing was so perfect!!) she made the evening event just so special....and I put her to work helping too (thanks Barb)! I was amazed at the good witches who attended (Susan from Henny Penny's came 91 miles to surprise me - in her witchy finery too) !! I didn't recognize regular customers in their new "look" ! Planning on making this an annual event! And finally Christmas....jingle bells, gingerbread, the scents of balsam and fir, Santa, angels, snowmen and GLITTER....lots and lots of glitter! Christmas cookies and Christmas fudge - tinsel pipecleaners with bells to tie on packages and pretty bows.... yeah.....2009 wasn't so bad....!!!! Happy New Year Friends....

7 comments:

Janet - underthewillow said...

Happy New Year Judy! May this new decade bring good things to many!

Janet

clothnclay said...

The Blues look beautiful, Judy! Happy New Year to both you and Tony!

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Happy New Year my friend. It's has been quite a roller coaster this year, but ended up a pretty good one. I just KNOW that 2010 is going to be grand for us all. Love the blue, you always have the best ideas! Have a great day off, Dawn

Joanne said...

Here's to a wonderful New Year! Have a wonderful one!

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

Love the "blues" I hope one day to make it to your store, the Halloween event sounds just so much fun

Rondell

Ginny said...

Happy New Year Judy, Love the Winter Blues.

Ginny said...

Happy New Year Judy, Love the Winter Blues.