THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Saturday, December 5, 2009

THE FIRST SNOWFALL..

The first snowfall of the season and it happened during our Sleigh Ride Event...how wonderful....(and I dislike snow) !! But today it was perfect....everyone was in the spirit of Christmas (buying lots of goodies) and the day was quite festive. HOWEVER....by 4 o'clock the snow was covering the roadways and getting quite dangerous (and customers were still coming???) We started to clean up alittle after 4 pm in order to get out of there as soon as we closed. In my haste I left my camera (and Sticky Buns (thank you Cathie) at the store....oh how good those sticky buns would of tasted in the morning !! Although we have one more day of our Sleigh Ride Event it was a huge success - "Elf Tony" kept everyone fed and warm with his Hot Pockets and Hot Cocoa! On Friday I served the Potato Soup and Sweet Pepper Dip with crackers...that dip is so good that in two days 36 packages were sold ! Dang....I wish I had pictures to share.....tomorrow for sure.
Monday I am going to "Breakfast with Santa" with two of my grandsons...Cullen (5) and Crew (soon to be 4)....I can't wait to spend some time with them....all our events are done for 2009 BUT.....I am working on 2010.....Usually our Valentine Social is the first event of the year however....weather permitting we might just find something special to do in January when everything is so "blah" !!!

3 comments:

denise said...

sounds like so much fun.

Joanne said...

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow

Janet - underthewillow said...

Hi Judy!....it's good to hear that the sleigh ride was a successful event!

It snowed here a bit yesterday too but didn't stick, poo!

Have fun with the grands!

Janet