THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

CUTE LITTLE STORE...

...those words are (I think) meant to be nice but when, as a storekeeper, I hear them I have to admit I shudder. I am NOT the only one - other shopkeepers remark this to me! It almost has become a joke over the years - as the people/customers who say this to you don't ever buy a thing...so they are really not one bit interested in your store...BUT they do think it is "cute" !!
Which brings me to....YES...my store is "little"...but boy oh boy did it feel big these past two days as I worked in rearranging and cleaning the three "little" rooms upstairs. I am done...I am thrilled with how it turned out...and now I have to tackle the "little" room downstairs! BUT not until after Christmas.....with that said....my little store is looking quite "cute" !! (The above is all written in good fun !!!)
I would take pics but I did something with the settings of my camera and it won't work....I pulled the "instruction manual" out and will go "TRY" to figure out what I did.....woe is me....

10 comments:

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Here, here! I get the same comments sometimes and you're exactly right. Oh well, they have to say something to be polite - better than when they walk out without saying a word! Have a good week, Dawn

ctlogcabin said...

Little...Little my goodness you have two full floors..what are they use to shopping in ... The Mall ?? When I go into a store that I have never been in, and I dont find anyting I have to take home...I simply say...Thanks, have a nice day.
Oh Well... Different Strokes, for Different Folks.
Love Ya & Your Store ~~ Connie xox

Joanne said...

I wouldn't call your store little Judy - nor would I call it "cute" or "elegant" or "adorable" or anything like that! It's just downright homey, cozy, comfortable, and prim! Can't wait to see what you did to the 2nd floor

Linda said...

Judy..........I enjoy reading your posts so much as your life as a
"cute" storekeeper!
If I ever make it to your part of PA I will definitely get to see it for myself!
Linda/SimplyCountrySeasons

McMaster and Storm said...

can't wait to see pics of your "cute" store done up for Christmas.
your dress form looks smashing!
hugs,
kara

QUAINT AND PLAIN said...

IT TAKES LOTS OF WORK TO KEEP UP WITH YOUR "CUTE LITTLE STORE".. I DOUBT IT WOULD BE CALLED " LITTLE" IF THEY HAD TO DUST AND SWEEP AND VACCUM AND KEEP FILLED WITH HANDMADES AND ANTIQUES AND OFFER CLASSES AND HAVE OPENHOUSE AND EVENTS.... I DO THINK THE TERM "LITTLE" WOULD NOT QUITE FIT IF THEY ONLY KNEW... XX

Lisa said...

Well, I have to admit I was drawn in by your title. I wanted to see the cute little store. hehe I remember when I was in college and I took my friend to my aunt's house and she looked around and said, "you have a cute little house." I was mortified, but now...I would get down on my knees and worship someone who said that about my house. LOL But I know what you're saying! Hopefully, they mean it in a really, really nice way.

Lisa said...

I should add that I live in a not-so-cute little (teensy tiny) apartment at the moment (last three years).

Pots 'n Prims said...

Ohhh I so know what you mean dear Judy! In fact, I had a customer say the same exact thing this morning ~ leaving with a $1.00 purchase, tho!;) and YOU were the first thing that popped in my mind!! I LUV your "cute" little shop! And I NEVER leave empty-handed! :D
Hugs dear friend!
XoXo~
lisa

Laurel said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean! I always hated to hear my hometown referred to by the tourists as "quaint". I shuddered at hearing that! It felt like such a patronizing & condescending thing for them to say.