THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Saturday, November 14, 2009

REMINISCING....

This time of the year I am a "wanna-be Candy Store owner" - there are not many left around us. I do have a favorite....Gardner's Candy not 10 minutes from the store. Every Christmas since I moved to Hereford, I played "candy store".... EXCEPT this year....and it saddens me. DARN ECONOMY - made me make a decision that is NOT fun! Yesterday I just HAD to make a "candy display" though - so above are the "before bad economy" picture and after ! The candy that I purchased always sold well but was very "pricy"...really yummy!!! This year I decided to forego the $$$$'s that normally would be spent on "gourmet goodies" in fear that customers would not be in the mood to spend frivolously. I think it was the right decision but can't wait till everything gets back on track for everyone...!!!
Oh and the rain yesterday.....NEVER HAPPENED ! But it was windy all day...and yes I was running thru the parking lot picking up greens!!!!

2 comments:

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Oh yes Judy, this is sure a year of a lot of changes. So many things are "iffy" this year with the economy. Two really good, established shops in Michigan are closing after Christmas - sure is scarry! Love everything you're doing though, it looks wonderful. Have a great Saturday, Dawn

ctlogcabin said...

Sweet Display Miss Judy, your candy counter was always a Treat to see, and your goodies were the Best. We must just roll with the times the best we can, the store looked so festive for Christmas, hopefully no one even missed what was missing. :-) Hugs ~ Connie xox