THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

MEET THE "TUCKERS"...

A whole family of snow people to "tuck" here and there. In baskets, tins, olde carriers and totes. Made of aged muslin, sprinkled with glitter and wearing wool caps, these jolly good fellows will look special anywhere you please.
I spent most of the day today at the store redoing and then making more messes. I must AGAIN go in very early to clean up before we open. I left it all sit as I promised myself (after eating fast food and not cooking for the entire week) that I would make a nice meal this evening for Tony.
Bunches of fresh rosehips will be for sale tomorrow - nicely bundled - but the "thorns" are still there. A sign stating "OUCH" will be prominently displayed. If you ever picked rosehips and were pricked by one of those thorns they "hurt" and are very hard to get out - like a splinter. I was "pricked" many times putting them in the olde scale scoop and agate bowl. OUCH !! Here is one of the "Tuckers" in an olde advertising dustpan from Reading, PA !!

5 comments:

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

How sweet are those tuckers...they are just adorable.
My cousin just sent me some Rosehips and when I went to pick them up out of the box...YIKES!!! you bet those thorns hurt!
Karen

Kudzu said...

great stuff.....and i have to say i'm loving those snowmen tucks!
kudzu

Bit said...

I'm planning a road trip for next Thursday and bringing a friend who hasn't yet been to your shop. It's always such a treat to visit! Hope there are some Tuckers left by then, they are so cute!

UPON A HILL said...

Tuckers are cute! I love rosehips. I just purchased some & became aquainted the thorns

ctlogcabin said...

Miss Judy ~~
Rosehips are painful...but oh so worth it...love how you put them in the dust pan.
A must for Christmas decorating, greens, rosehips & tallow berries, oh yeah a pumpkin or two. :-)
Hugs ~ Connie xox