THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Monday, November 16, 2009

I WENT SHOPPING FOR...

GLITTER today...and did I ever find some cool stuff....Martha of course. She has "tinsel" glitter and I couldn't wait to get home and play with it. (make messes is more like it) Tony is away for a couple days so I can make all the messes I want - !!! I really shouldn't be playing I SHOULD BE CLEANING...BUT..................there's always tomorrow to do that !!!
Terri Leamer, and olde friend and artist, stopped at the store yesterday bringing me some Christmas cheer. A Santa, an angel, a Christmas pinkeep, 3 really cool pillows (she works with vintage feedsacks) a couple embrodiered doilies...(she has the best ideas) cute little stockings that will make a sweet gift sack - I know there was more but my mind is blank right now. Dianne made us 6 little primitive angels - cotton stuffed with ticking wings too... everything will be for sale Wednesday when we reopen....along with my TURKEY HOLLOW GOODIES!! Can't wait to get that box - it should arrive on Wednesday. I love when the store gets restocked each week....honestly, it is almost daily that new goods are arriving. There is only one cross stitched pillow left by Susan Hoover but she promised to work hard (gosh you can't cross stitch fast) and get some new ones to us. These make wonderful gifts - she stitches her own primitive designs and these are new to the store.
I am seeing so much of the "OLDE" crafts becoming popular again...stenciling, cross stitch, embrodiery - I wonder what statement is being made ???????????

Arriving from Turkey Hollow, Washington Wednesday !!

3 comments:

Chatty Kathy~Palmetto Prims said...

Don't you just love the older crafts? I have been doing a little candlewicking lately...remember that?

Wish I was close to your shop, I would definitely visit!! Looks wonderful!

Ginny said...

Hi Judy,

If you can, post a picture of the items made from the vintage feed sacks, I just love them and buy them when I can, I don't do much with them just collect. I'm asking for the post just in case they sell before I get to the store. Take care.

ctlogcabin said...

Judy ~~ All sounds wonderful !!
Love all the old time crafts, cant get enough of hand-dids. And no way can you cross stitch fast, unless of course you have very young hands & eyes. lol
Hugs ~ Connie xox