THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Friday, November 13, 2009

CRAZY DANG WEATHER !!


It is so windy here - all night and this morning (and I am grateful I do not live at the Jersey shore right now)...what a mess it is on the news. Another Nor'easter is upon us - no rain yet but so much wind ! I am afraid to see what the wind has done to all the outside greens that were sprinkled here and there at the store - I picture myself running thru the parking lot gathering evergreens and bows!! IN THE RAIN !! Ahhhh the life of a storekeeper!
New handcrafted pics arrived from Dianne....so sweet...I just love her work and what a wonderful gift - UNIQUE ! Tiny pieces of fabric scraps make up the picture with embroidered features. I just don't take good pictures as I don't know how to focus the lighting so you just have to believe me when I say they are great. (pictured above) The one with the children building the snowman - in the snow are his nose, hat, scarf and all the little pieces of coal that will bring him to life - artistic imagination at it's best!
Tony is keeping me busy with all the neat antique finds he is cleaning up and giving me for the store. I keep making new displays and it is fun...although yesterday I took apart a wall upstairs and didn't get it back together until 4 pm....hammer, nails all sitting right out in the open for customers to see! yi yi yi !!

2 comments:

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Hi Judy! So glad you're having a good holiday season. Our's is about to start tonight with our Ladies Nite Out. I was up sewing until 2 a.m., but at least I have more dolls to take into the shop. We are supposed to have SUNSHINE today, but only in the 50's - I'll take it! I just LOVE those candy canes on your porch. Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Dawn

Janet - underthewillow said...

Judy, we're getting all the rain down here in Virginia with the coastal areas getting the worst of it!

Janet