THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Saturday, October 31, 2009

LET THE FUN BEGIN!!

Halloween Tree Branch....
I started ! All the fall is away in bins...well...I sort of kept finding things as I gave the store a walk thru before I left today. I stayed late to "pack it all away"....even moved some furniture so I could "move some furniture" tomorrow. I can't wait to show you my tree...Today a customer came in and saw our "Halloween" tree branch and said "that is a Sassafrass tree" !! I shrugged my shoulders as I didn't know what kind of branch it was. She told the story of growing up and their Christmas tree was ALWAYS a branch from a Sassafrass tree. Her Mother would wrapped it in white cotton batting and they would decorate it. She never had a green tree until she got married. So my Halloween tree (it was fully stripped bare naked from all adornments) brought back fond memories for her. When I told her that I was using this branch as my Christmas tree for the store she gave me a big smile and said she would be back to see how it turns out. I am going to "spray" it tomorrow with "canned snow" (fingers crossed it works) after twining lights all through the branches. It will have minimal decorations - lots of tinsel though-!!
We are closing the store tomorrow for the big overhaul - I don't use help....that would only confuse me (and them)..as I never have a "real" plan..just sort of wing it as I go. (I tend to get a bit "grouchy" if things don't go my way) So I am much better by myself ! Control freak?...well maybe!! Hopefully pictures tomorrow of a snowy white tree !!!

5 comments:

lovetheprimlook said...

Judy, I love that tree !!!

Angie

ctlogcabin said...

Best of Luck My Friend, I know it will all come together and look Beautiful. Hope I get to see it in person.
Hugs ~ Connie xox

Black Sheep Lisa said...

I know what you mean i do better by myself, I would spend way to much time pointing everyone in the right direction. Besides doing things like that alone is much more relaxing!

QUAINT AND PLAIN said...

HAVE FUN MISS. JUDY!!~~ IT IS AMAZING WHAT CAN BE PUT TOGETHER WHEN WE PUT OUR HEARTS AND OUR MIND INTO A PROJECT.... THINKING OF YOU.XXs

whitlie28 said...

HAVE FUN GETTING READY...HOPE TO SEE YOU THIS WEDNESDAY!