THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

HOW A NECESSITY TURNED INTO $$$'s....

I usually burn candles in the store....sweet smelling advertising is how I look at it! Well....last Wednesday knowing that there would be lots of people looking at all our goodies for sale. I didn't want to put the candle in the usual place for fear it would get knocked over or someone might get burned. Soooooo....I put the votive pot in an old jar that Tony had wired to hang on our hooks for the Witches Nite Out....and hung it from the beams on the ceiling right beside the counter. The jar looked empty and I just happened to have a sack full of creepy crawly thing-a-ma-jigs nearby - so I filled the jar under the votive pot. It brought many comments and customers kept wanting to purchase one for their homes.....so finally today I filled some jars with creepy crawly things, corncobs and a few other yucky critters! That is the explanation of the pictures above !!!!
And this is "Corncob" our resident scarecrow....he is such a happy fellow and welcomes everyone to the store...be sure to say hello when you stop in!!!

6 comments:

mommynoodles said...

Well,I can see why.That was a creepy,but cute idea! lol Hmmm,you should ponder on some more throw together in a min. ideas, and see how much more dough you can roll in! lol Many "BLESSINGS"!
Natalie,

Holly Hills Primitives said...

What a great idea for the candles! Wish my ceilings were low enough to hang things from - oh well. Your scarecrow is adorable, what a nice welcome for customers. Have a great day, Dawn

The Feathered Nest said...

I am so not surprised sweetie!!! You have a knack for putting things together and how wonderful that you created something that you thought was functional yet folks wanted to purchase it!!! You go girl! The store looks wonderful Judy, wish I was there poking around :) xxoo, Dawn

At Home With Amy said...

Very cool idea. I have some small hooks I use outside to hang small things on around the yard. I could use my hooks with this idea and light the pathway to the front door. Perfect Fall/Halloween charm.
Thanks,
AMY

UPON A HILL said...

Very neat idea; really like your scarecrow.

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

Judy, how creative.
I have found that IF YOU SUGGEST SOMETHING - SHOW PEOPLE SOMETHING...then they will want to buy it.
Leave it just plain and sitting there and they say...'what do I do with that'....

I like your idea and the safety feature was great.

Karen