THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Thursday, August 20, 2009

SURROUNDED BY ORANGE AND BLACK -

Well...I must say I have a pretty good handle on the "changing of the season" in the store. It is really looking quite "fallish" !! There is always lots to do but I am certainly in the "spirit" of things! The "pumpkin patch" is fully grown....oh my so many pumpkins in every shade of orange and every shape you can imagine! I can't wait to fully decorate and show you all the wonderful treasures we are getting in. Leah Webb...(chief pumpkin maker) brought me 7 new pumpkins today....Here are two of them...quite jolly don't you think? It was "black cat" day for me as I stuffed woolly black cats in between customers. I also put the "black tree" up and started to decorate it with the mercury glass ornies we just got in. I didn't have time to finish it so this is the "before" picture! We have really cool glass beads in Halloween colors to put on this tree - among other goodies...wool ornies from The Wool Peddlar and some little owl ornaments too!Don't you love the orange metal bin (from olde country hardware store) in front of the tree!! I have two of them so one is for sale....they will sit three different ways or you can hang on the wall....great display piece!
This wicked looking witch is just the "opposite" of "wicked.....although I must admit she is not very handsome of face but her "attitude" is wonderful as you can tell by her orange and black striped stockings!! I don't think she has any intentions of putting that crow in the olde iron cauldron do you ??? !!!!!

5 comments:

gail said...

LOVE the funnel witches!

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Looks like you are really getting in the spirit! Can't wait to see pictures when you get it all done! Dawn

WoolenSails said...

I would love to shop in your store, wish it were closer.

Debbie

Laurel said...

I enjoyed my first visit to your shop yesterday. I can't wait to come back!

OleCrowsNestJournal_Nan said...

Your pumpkins are charming and I look forward to seeing the whole bunch!