THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Sunday, August 9, 2009

SUMMER COLDS...

Some fun from last year's "Autumn Frolic" !!
I got hit with a summer cold that has just about wiped me out...today I do feel better - not fun!!!
I get "grumpy" when I don't feel well and hubby (poor hubby) does all he can to make me happy - and then he just gives up and stays away...LOL!!
I can hardly believe in less than a week it will be the middle of August and time to start the "Great Changeover" to fall.....I am ready mentally - this has been a very strange summer weather wise and not sure what September is going to bring ??? I am still debating on putting up a Halloween tree. I have one of those "brown" Christmas trees that always looks cool with Autumn colors....but I have it in my head I just wanted "branches" in a pot. We did that about 5 years ago with "curly willow" but there was NO PLACE to store it and the weather got to it and it didn't last more than two years. HOWEVER I have this idea in my head and want to try another one. Then I used Christmas tinsel to "jazz" it up and this year I have ordered lots of the orange tinsel garland from Lancaster Market...it is really cool looking and thought it would make for a great garland. Guess I will have my mind made up by next week...one way or another.
It is pouring down rain here in PA....so sending Tony out to find me a branch might be out of the question today...maybe after it clears up !!!

7 comments:

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Hi Judy, so sorry to hear you're not feeling well! I just hate summer colds! What is hanging in that picture? Is it cheesecloth? It looks so great. My ceilings are so high (at least 13') that I can never get up there to hang anything. Can't wait to see pictures when you change it over, Dawn

Kimberly said...

Oh, feel better! That's no fun at all! And we haven't had rain for about a month... forest fires all over the province! Wanna do a weather swap?

OleCrowsNestJournal_Nan said...

Hope you feel better! Fall really is around the corner. I have been wondering if we will have an early fall here in my neck of the woods since our summer has been for the most part cool and mild.

clothnclay said...

Hope you are feeling better today, Judy! I am not looking forward to colder weather, but so looking forward to seeing your store in autumn! Great pix! Becky

Cathie said...

Hi Judy,
So sorry you're not feeling well. I think summer colds are worse than winter colds. Yuck!
A 'weather expert' on TV reported that this year, our region will have ALOT of snow to deal with. I don't mind alittle snow but not looking forward to what he was forecasting. Take care. Cathie

gail said...

hi! take at least one of the next two days to pamper yourself & GET RID OF THAT COLD!

WoolenSails said...

Summer colds are not fun, hope you feel better soon.
Love all the halloween decorations.

Debbie