THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

SADNESS AND PRAYERS...

The past couple days have been sad for me as my dearest friend's Mother passed away. Barbara's of Turkey Hollow Folkart. She has left for California where her Mother lived. Then I heard about Ruth Rochelle of Primitive Homeplace. I did not know Barb's Mother (just funny stories from Barb) nor Ruth....(only thru her website). What I do know is the pain of losing a loved one - and how death brings us back to our own immortality and what is really, really important in life. I fret over such silly things....that really are not very important at all. Family and Friends are who make up our life and who we are. I have made so many new friends with the use of the internet...some come and some go....but all have touched my life and I hope have helped me to be a better person. I love my family, friends - those I get to hug and those I don't....Prayers are with Barb and Ruth's families...

6 comments:

OleCrowsNestJournal_Nan said...

So sorry to hear about your friends. People do make marks on our lives and when their gone they live in our hearts. Life is hard sometimes. Grief is neccessary for emotional health even when it gets really uncomfortable. I pray that you and your friends find comfort in this time of sadness.

Holly Hills Primitives said...

So sad! I just heard about Ruth this morning. I met her last spring in Richmond, Indiana at a show. It is amazing how fast our lives can change. I'm with you, nothing more important than our families and loved ones. Hope your day get happier, Dawn

Janet - underthewillow said...

Mornin' Judy....I am so so sad to hear about Barb's Mom....just yesterday I received in the mail one of her "spicy tuffets" that she had offered on her Picture Trail and the wonderful smells came through the little Priority Mail box and when I opened up my mail box I knew it was in there....I will be thinking of Barb along with Ruth's family.
Janet

the primitive country bug said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friends mom. She'll be dearly missed by many. I'll be sure to keep the family in my prayers.
Hugs~ birgit

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

How true...so sad and will keep them in my prayers.
Rondell

gail said...

sharing in your loss!