THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Monday, August 17, 2009

OUR HALLOWEEN TREE !!!

Above is a picture of this year's Halloween tree....almost naked - !! I know it is hard to see (JUST WAIT TILL IT IS ALL DECORATED) and that dumb fire extinguisher HAS to be there.....I get in trouble every time they (fire marshal) comes in to check it...as I always put something in front of ithe extinguisher and it has to stay where everyone can see it in case of a fire....yeah right....a fire and we are all headed out the doors !!! I have a fire extinguisher on each floor....basement and attic....(those I don't have to hide) - a necessary nuisance! Anyway, I will do something so it isn't sticking out like a sore thumb....hmmmmm maybe alittle witchy dress and hat !!! I was busy all week (making messes) putting the fall fabric on tables and benches etc. and I even started to put out some fall/Halloween treats. The store is certainly taking shape and I will continue all this week. It is fun to redo and I have such great goodies to sell!
Look who came for a visit Sunday - Lisa and Dave of Homethrown Pottery in North Carolina.
They certainly found lots of goodies to take back with them...the back seat of the truck was jammed solid with good finds too (and they were doing Lancaster Monday) !!! Where oh where they were going to put anything I do not know ! We had a really nice visit - Lisa and Dave are lots of fun and full of exciting NEWS but I will not spill the beans before they have a chance to tell!! Congratulations Lisa and Dave !!
It is so hot here in PA - the heat index was 103 today ! We don't have central air in this olde house - just fans - and I think hubby will be putting the air conditioner in the bedroom window tonight! We really haven't needed them - UNTIL NOW !!

6 comments:

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

I didn't leave the house today only to go out to the garage or back porch just to darn hot!

I'm sure your store will be so neat with all the fall displayed.
Have a wonderfulo evening,
Rondell♥

Joanne said...

I didn't leave the house either - too hot! LOL - Can't wait to come back and see the fall goodies! I'm amazed you "haven't needed" the AC until tonite - I would have melted!

gail said...

we haven't put our A.C. in yet either. a shower & my antique fan will have to do. (the electric bill has been nice)

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Our AC runs 24/7. But our winter heating bills are low.

The tinsel on the Halloween tree is terrific!

OleCrowsNestJournal_Nan said...

Your Halloween Tree is awesome! That gives me a good idea for the small tree outside on my porch! What a fun way to really enjoy the halloween/harvest season!

Joanne said...

Hey Judy - good thing you are doing it up for Fall - I was out in Lancaster area today "just browsing" and the prim stores are geared up for fall (still didn't cool me off though - it was H-O-T today)