THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Sunday, August 30, 2009

GREY SKIES UP ABOVE....

BUT...no rain in the forecast and the humidity is suppose to be low...if you don't live on the East Coast then you can't relate to a "humid" day and how it just wipes you out! Today we are going to try and rearrange the porches. I have a couple pieces of furniture (herb table) that we have to find a place to store. Yegads, I have too much stuff! The herb table is slanted and holds trays of herbs when we sell them in the spring. I keep it on the front porch but now want to change it around. We have some cool ideas for our '"WITCH'S EVENT"' and I need room!!!!! The store next to me and I share the front porch - so we try to coordinate some of our decorating. Kay doesn't have a porch in the back - just alittle corner - but we have some cool ideas for that space too. Hopefully we can get the cornstalks up and the hay bales situated today and then maybe I can go to Lancaster in search of PUMPKINS tomorrow. I am wondering how the pumpkin crop has fared this year????? I know many of the gardeners complained about their tomatoes getting the "blight" !! Let's hope the pumpkins have fared better !!

SOME BROOM MAGIC - When using a broom for the first time, make a wish and it will come true!

7 comments:

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Is the hurricane affecting your weather out there? We have just had COLD and RAIN in Michigan. It feels like we are really into fall already. Can't wait to see pictures of your porches and all you are up to! Hope you have a great day, Dawn

Tomato Creek Prims said...

Sounds like you are going to have so much fun today decorating the porches Judy! I can't wait to see pictures of it done!
Rondell

ctlogcabin said...

Morning Judy ~~ Corn Stalkes & PumPkins on the Porch...Woo Hoo !!
It is looking like I may be down your way in a few days...so I'll get to see you all decked out in person.
I so need a PA fix. :-)
Have a Great Day !!
Sending Big Fall Hugs ~~ Connie xox

Black Sheep Lisa said...

I am eastern NC and humidity is a way of life, I will so happy to see some cooler temps roll in!
I look forward to seeing the fall decor on the porch!

Joanne said...

Being down the road aways I sure can relate to this humidity! Wishing you some nice fall breezes in Hereford to go with those pumpkins and stalks! Can't wait to see what you are doing!

Notes from the Homestead said...

Hi Judy,
We are in Western Minnesota and boy has it been cool! Nice to feel fall in the air though. I'll try and send some your way. lol. Post some photos of your porches when you get done with them. I wish I lived closer so I could come shop!!!!
~Kim

quilt3m said...

Wow... I can relate on the humidity. We have lived in SW Florida for 22 years (transplanted Buckeye)and I sure do miss FALL!Perhaps that is the reason that my home is already dressed in it's fall attire. Really enjoy your blog and reading about all the wonderful fall happenings.

Sending fall blessings... Judi