THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Friday, August 28, 2009

FALL WAS IN THE AIR TODAY....




Don't you just fall in love with the little "Theatres" for Halloween~ made from old boxes, covered in vintage paper with all kinds of vintage do-dads, ribbons, buttons, buckles and some things I don't even know what they are!!! I will have to post pics of the others later - they are all made locally by Mona (doesn't it stink when you can't think of someone's last name..yiyiyi)
The star and crow is another fun decoration - made by Sharon of Vintage Threads!! ( I do remember her last name...Nolan...LOL!!)
It rained off and on all day today and was actually cool outside - The store has such a "warmth" about it when the skies are grey. The walls are all stone and together with front and back porches - it makes it dark inside the store...lots of candle lights brighten corners and windowsills.....real candles flickering, giving off a cinnamony scent, help with the ambiance of making the store look like a country store of yesteryear. Baskets hanging from the ceiling, olde barrels, rug beaters and all those olde jars - can stir the imagination and you can pretend you are a storekeeper from another time !!! BUT back to reality...too much work to do to "daydream" for very long. Pricing takes so much time....maybe cause I am obsessed with price tags...or maybe I am slow.....or maybe I have too much stock.....or maybe.....I talk too much inbetween everything else. It seemed all I finished today was some pricing of items - I had pumpkins to stuff...didn't get done...pillows to stuff....didn't get done!! I did have some customers who were happy to find fall and Halloween treasures for sale - (that was good as it was a quiet week so far) !! I was getting worried customers were not in the fall mood yet! Sigh of relief!!!

5 comments:

The Country Nest said...

Cute, cute, cute, I love the star with the crow. I just spritzed a spiced apple spray and lit a harvest candle and I love the smell. I just love the change in the weather. Looks like the shop is getting ready...all cozy and warm. Happy Fall.
Donna

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

Oh more adorable Fall items...I love them.

Karen
http://mycolonialhome.blogspot.com/
kmprimitives@yahoo.com

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Those funny little Halloween stages are wonderful!!! I hope customers snap them up!

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Oh stop it, your description of the shop is SOOO enticing. I just want to come see it in the worst way! I just KNOW you have my kind of shop! Yup, the people are starting to buy fall - HOORAY. Have a great weekend, Dawn

UPON A HILL said...

Oh cute what a cute star! I can smell your store by your description. You are putting us in the fall mood!