THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

BEAUTIFUL MORNING...

It is 66 degrees right now in my little part of PA...what a "reprieve" from the "HEAT WAVE" we have been experiencing. I have to admit as I grow older the heat slows me down...and I don't like it! It is very still here this morning...even the birds are quiet. I have been "up and at 'em" since early morning....before sunshine....(big smile) stuffing pillows and cutting out those adorable "Fairy Witch" ornaments. They are a bit "tough" to cut and tend to leave an indentation on my finger from the scissors - (last week it was a blister) so I can only do a couple at a time! I love them though and they look great on our Halloween Tree !
It will be fun filling the store today since it feels more like fall.....I bought great fabric (Walmart) to wrap around the bottom of the tree - the tree sits in a Christmas tree stand (Tony's idea instead of cementing it in) and no matter what I put around it I was not happy.....I found black fabric with cobwebs all over it...I am pretty sure it will please me. (and it will fit right in with the cobwebs I just can't seem to keep up with in the store) !!
UPS should be bringing me some fun boxes to play with today - I love when that big brown truck pulls in the parking lot.
The picture is of a Witch make-do on an olde bobbin - raw sheep wool for her hair - vintage ribbon and bias tape - slightly aged green fabric face - she will be looking for a new home come September 9th !

6 comments:

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

It's cooler here too in my part of Pa...the sun is out though and I think I'll pull weeds today since Stush cut the grass yesterday.
The witch makedo is a cutie very Halloweenish:)
Rondell

Karen said...

good morning Judy!
I love coming to your blog - you are always doing something different in your shop and it makes me feel like I am there on a daily/weekly basis seeing all your changes. This is great cuz I just can't get there daily/weekly. Guess I live vicariously through your shop.

Glad your weather broke! You had what we had all last week in the 90's - now we're getting cooler temps and rain...so be prepared!

Have a wonderful day.

Karen
http://mycolonialhome.blogspot.com/
kmprimitives@yahoo.com

UPON A HILL said...

Cooler weather here in Ohio. May you have a fruitful fall season.

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Oh yes, there's nothing like seeing that big, brown truck pull up! Have fun today, it's raining and chilly here. Can't wait to see the finished shop! Dawn

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Oh, what a cute make-do! I love her hair.

I envy you that "touch of autumn" in the air! 101 again today...

Notes from the Homestead said...

Hi there,
Yes, I am glad to see cooler temps here in MN too! We have had some nice cool nights and I can feel fall is coming soo. Your shop always inspires me and I love your blog.
~Kim