THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

SPURTS...

Did you ever notice that items in your store go in "spurts" ??? We have (had) really nice olde meat hooks....most of them handwrought....for $5.00 each. All clean and ready to use in your home - I had rows of them hanging from the ceiling (forever) and all of a SUDDEN - GONE ....not a one left...how did that happen? Seems like everyone wanted an olde hook instead of one of the cheaper new ones. Okay with me...however....trying to find more is always a chore as I add another item to the list of "things we need" !!
The picture above is a Baker's Cupboard....most likely from the early 50's....nice, chippy white paint and the dough board is there...woohoo!! All the glass knobs are original to the piece, however the agate top has some serious stains. I am the last person this would bother as they are easily covered (if you feel the need) with a homespun cloth or olde dough board.

8 comments:

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Cute cupboard! Things go in spurts for me too, isn't it strange how that happens? I'm supposed to be getting lots of handmade Halloween in tomorrow - can't wait! Talk to you soon, Dawn

Pots 'n Prims said...

yippee yippee yippee to see you back online!! Things go in spurts here too ~ isn't it funny?! And I LOVE that little cupboard...oh me...
Talk to you this week I hope!
XoXo~
lisa

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Oh yes, we need to talk and get inspired! Can't wait to see what Terri brings too. I've just been sewing, sewing, sewing - I ended up taking my sewing machine to the shop. Trying to get a head start on my Halloween dolls! Dawn
P.S. I'm the opposite of you. I'll cook and EAT the fish, just don't have to patience to fish for very long.

UPON A HILL said...

Nice piece. That is a really nice pan on the top.

ctlogcabin said...

Miss Judy ~~
Welcome Back !!! So happy your computer problems are behind you, fingers crossed. Love the color of your background....hope there are lots of pumpkins growning on their vines, and pumpkin malted balls being made as we speak. :)
Big Hugs ~ Connie xox

THE SPICE CUPBOARD said...

Well Miss Connie - after the disappoint on Mr. Paul's face with NO Pumpkin Malted Milk Balls last year I wouldn't DARE disappoint him again....on order...just has to be "cool" enough to ship !!! Hope for a nice cool fall....XO, Judy

DownBranchRoad said...

sure wished I lived close by:(... I LOVE the baker's cupboard.

DownBranchRoad said...

sure wished I lived close by:(... I LOVE the baker's cupboard.