THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Thursday, July 30, 2009

I NEVER KNOW....and I am NEVER DISAPPOINTED..

The girls that make handmade treasures for our store - NEVER - disappoint me...NEVER! I can't even explain how talented they are - the workmanship and detail on their creations are undeniably the best. AND, to top it off they give me reasonable prices that make their goodies available for everyone to purchase.
These gals are true artists...sometimes they make one of a kind and sometimes two of a kinds...LOL!!! Rarely do they remake something they have already done in the past. (unless I beg) !! For the past two years Barbara Young of Turkey Hollow Folkart has come "east" (from Washington State) on vacation and has blessed us with a day of "Frolic" where she has graciously signed her folkart for all who would come - always the busiest day of our Harvest Thyme! This year Barb is not sure when she is coming "east" (but she IS coming - woohoo) as she would like to visit some of the prim shows that are going on later in the season. I would too, however I must work and work and work ! My point is - I never displayed Barb's folkart until the "Autumn Frolic" but this year it will be available for our Harvest Thyme open house September 9th. Barb likes to tease me and sends me pictures of "naked bodies"... these came a couple days ago...
This morning my email had this picture in it.....Ta-Da !!
I immediately named her "Trixie"...she just made me smile - and I can see she is wearing her "country finest" for her trip to THE CINNAMON STICK !!! I just had to share - We may not be one of the BIG named stores...but our customers know exemplary workmanship and they know just where to find it - they also know that they are not going to find the treasures we sell in all the other stores.....that is why I am BLESSED !! So be sure to mark your calendars for our Harvest Thyme Open House !!!

8 comments:

Susan Burd said...

OOOOOH - can't wait for your fall open house!!! Grace and I were talking about it yesterday!!! Love everything in your shop!!! We are BIG fans!!!

Hugs......Susan

Janet - underthewillow said...

Oh my!....I am a HUGE fan of Miss Barbara's wares from Turkey Hollow, and I would LOVE to meet her and you both!!....I need to plan a trip! Janet

Carmen C. said...

LOL! The naked bodies are adorable, but miss Trixie is a real beauty:)

Pots 'n Prims said...

Ohhh how I love Trixie!!! :D And, of course, my visit up to Pa is going to be a few weeks ahead of your gathering...Darn it!!! I'm still anxiously awaiting the visit!
XoXo~
lisa

basketsnprims said...

I love Miss Trixie ~ Barbara's work is awesome. Wish I could come!
Pam

whitey said...

You are getting me siked for fall!

BARBARA said...

HI JUDY,,
PLANS FOR OUR FALL TRIP TO PA AND NY & BEYOND ARE COMING TOGETHER NICELY,,I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED... ALSO NEWS ON THE NOVEMBER SIMPLE GOODS SHOW.,, MUCH NEWS TO SHARE WITH YOU ON THAT.. XXXX B

Robby said...

I love Barb's work. Grace Maurer has a gorgeous witch that she bought last year when Barb was there. I would love to see her stuff...simple goods show...is she going to do that show...must check the lineup again!!! xxxRobby