THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

~~FUN NEW FABRICS~~

(my kitchen table is always full of work in progress ie. the little witchy hats)
I can't wait to get started making something special with the new fabrics I found yesterday. It was crazy busy in the fabric store as there is a "Quilt Show" in Hershey, PA starting today and all the ladies standing in line (with their carts filled to the brim with bolts of fabric), were from - Indiana, Illinois, Florida - and that was just in my line!! I am not a quilter....no patience nor do I have that gift of putting just the right colors together...but it was fun to talk to them and look into all their carts to see what they were purchasing. (and when they asked if I was a quilter I said no I WAS A FOLK ARTIST - wasn't that "snobby" of me...!!!LOL!!!)
I particularly LOVE the deep purple print...haven't a clue what I will do with it but it looks so eerie-ly Halloweeny!!! Also, the plain print on the other end is an "aged" muslin...a nice heavy weight and will be fun to make Halloween sacks with. Oh I just have to stop typing and get busy...

14 comments:

cwa said...

What beautiful fabric you picked out. I can hardly wait to see what you create with it.

basketsnprims said...

Love those fabrics ~ the purple would make a great witche's dress. Have a great day.
Pam

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Good Morning Folk Artist! Can't wait to see what you create with all the great fabric. Isn't it fun to set and get your creative juices flowing?? I'd love to have a minute just to set! Got lots to take to the shop today and the rest of the week is going to be BUSY getting ready for our p.j. party. Terri said she has a VAN LOAD of goodies to bring!!! Have a great day, Dawn

Ginny said...

Folk Artist is a fine hat to wear (dare I say witch hat to wear), I make curtains out of muslin for the farm house and would love to get my hands on some "aged" heavy weight, e-mail me where you think I might be able to get my hands on some. The colors are ALL great.

Janet - underthewillow said...

Mornin' Judy!....I especially love that purple fabric!....looks like you have a fruitful day! Janet

the primitive country bug said...

Love all those fabrics! Have fun creating!
Hugs~ Birgit

kim said...

Oh those are great! I love the little witch hats in the background!
take care Kim

Deb @ Crows on the Cupola said...

Hi Judy,
Wow I would love to have those fabrics in my stash! There is just something about those fall fabric colors that makes you all warm and fuzzy inside. I can't wait to see what you will be stitchin' up with them!
Deb :)

ctlogcabin said...

Folk Artist/Shop Keeper sounds even better yet..so many Talents,so many Hats !! Love all the fabrics...cant wait to see all the new creations. Next time you go shopping pack
some of your cards, or tags and hand them out, you just may have bus loads pulling up to the store. :)
Hugs ~ Connie xox

WoolenSails said...

Lots of great colors for Halloween.
Can't wait to see what you make with them.

Debbie

lovetheprimlook said...

Love the fabric !!!

Angie

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Good morning my friend. Yup, it's been CRAZY around here, but it's okay. Today is "redo" day at the shop, so that's always fun - especially for fall! Can't wait to see what else Terri is bringing. She said she has a whole "van load"! I'll have pictures in the next day or so. Hope you have a $$$$ day and weekend, Dawn

OleCrowsNestJournal_Nan said...

Great fabric to get creative with! Have fun!

Linda said...

Hi Judy,
I love your name (it was my mothers) and love your blog. You are definately a talented folk artist!! I use to live in PA, but make my nest in Kentucky for over 20 years now. Hope maybe I can visit someday. I love the fall too. If you get a chance, check out my blog to see my offerings, Candles, Tarts, and Air Fresheners. I'm trying to get my supplier to make a candy corn, witches hats, and crows, what do you think, I think they'd sell. They are great for adding to a package, putting on a tree, or a small gift in an envelope. Anyway, thanks for your opinion!
Linda @ Kindlelight Blessings