THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Sunday, June 14, 2009

WHAT A FUN WEEKEND...

It is always FUN at the store when it is busy with happy customers! Saturday started off very slow and then the RAINS came and so did some friendly buyers. (I promise I was NOT praying for rain!!) Today was even MORE fun as I got to meet Becky from http://clothnclay.blogspot.com/ !! And her sweet husband Jim !! That is them in the picture above and the one below is of Becky and one of her most wonderful dolls....her workmanship is amazing - underneath are panteloons, and an underslip all so beautifully sewn - I wish I would have gotten a picture of them. Her handmolded and painted face, arms and legs are just so primitively .................... - I am at a a loss for the right word....but PERFECT will have to do !! We had a really nice visit (I talked their ears off) and found out that they live only "16" miles from the store. What a pleasant surprise their visit was. (they went home with a few treasures too!)Jennifer and her husband - a blog follower from Williamsburg, VA - also stopped in today. They had visited before and are so interesting to talk to. They have family that live close (well sort of close) by and make it a point to visit when they are near. (they also went home with some Cinnamon Stick treasures) !!
I am so thankful that I started blogging as I have met (some in person and others just by mail) the neatest, most interesting and nicest people ever! Life is good in Hereford....

4 comments:

Karen said...

Judy, what a lovely looking couple and her dolls are just beautiful.
Karen

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Oh Judy, what a beautiful doll! Are you going to sell them? Isn't it so much fun to meet people from the blog. It's fun to put a face with the writings. I sure hope to get to meet you one of these days! Glad you had some sales, my weekend was quite slow. Hope you have a good couple days off! Dawn

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Of course people flock to the store and the chance to meet you personally -- you have created a wonderful place in The Cinnamon Stick, that is plain! It's like a beautiful and homey haven! Wish I lived near enough to shop and get some of those "Cinnamon Stick treasures" too!

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

I love that doll it is prim and perfect!!! I do know she sells them on Carol's Country Store! Just wish I had the $ to buy one:)

Glad you had a wonderful time meeting everyone:)
Rondell