THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Monday, June 1, 2009

OLDE BARN LADDER...

This olde barn ladder was another good find on Sunday. It is handmade from a tree - cut thru the center...and is as straight as the tree once was.....LOL!! I took it to the store today and thought where in the world will it fit. Thank goodness the ceilings on the first floor are high! I have it all tied up at the top so it will not fall (if Tony could see my secure job he would roll his eyes for sure) !! I have it all safe and sound with the use of lots of string and nails...!!!
We also got these other waterpails on Sunday along with the little #4 ! The one in the middle has great olde light green paint. ...and isn't this red metal tool box a perfect planter !!! Tony planted some thyme, peppermint and a marigold (a very favorite flower of mine) in olde Maxwell House coffee tins. He put holes in the bottom for drainage....container gardening is fun! Sharon and I are taking off together tomorrow to pick up the herbs and have a "play date" !! We are hoping to go to Lititz and then to a NEW antique store I just heard about.....woohoo!!!

5 comments:

marie said...

I think the coffee can planters in the red toolbox look just great!

I just discovered your blog in Char's (Pickled Pepper Patch)favorites and I've enjoyed my visit. I really liked your post about strawberries.

Karen said...

Hi Judy,
That is one awesome ladder - may I ask how you got that beast home???? LOL

And your tool box container garden is just adorable.

Enjoy your play day!
Karen

Pots 'n Prims said...

Oh I love it all!! :) Your securing job sounds like mine ~ and Tony's response exactly like david (eye roll LoL).
Have LOTS of fun tomorrow!! Wish I could come! :)
XoXo~
lisa

pammyjo said...

Love the ladder. I had one too, but in a storm it was ripped from the side of out shed where I used it to display and hang stuff from. I salvaged about 3/4 of it. Still like what's left. LOL You find the neatest things. Have a great week.

pammyjo said...

Love the ladder. I had one too, but in a storm it was ripped from the side of out shed where I used it to display and hang stuff from. I salvaged about 3/4 of it. Still like what's left. LOL You find the neatest things. Have a great week.