THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I STINK....at

taking pictures...maybe I need to look into some "photography lessons"....oh well...it doesn't seem like I have a very good picture of the medicine cupboard I brought to the store today but it's the best I could do.....duh !!!The mirror is not perfect - it has the dull olde mirrored look - (and it doesn't make me look fat)....Do you know what I mean...how some olde mirrors make you look "squatty" !!! The one in our bedroom (olde oak dresser) makes me look that way. I love olde mirrors though and just deal with it....LOL!! (maybe I should admit I am a bit "squatty" ) !! I worked on pillows today...I found the most wonderful olde quilt - machine sewn and string tied - made from amazing blue and brown homespuns...with some "shirting" fabric thrown in. It is a cutter but I am managing to find some pretty good patches for pillows. When I get a bunch done I will post a picture. I love olde homespun...and it is always a treasure to find some. There is a large brown homespun patch on the back that I am going to send to Miss Barbara at Turkey Hollow as I know she will make something wonderful with it. Here is a picture of some of the patches...and the big brown one...

7 comments:

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Hi Judy, That medicine cabinet is adorable, I can see why you were so excited about getting it in the shop. Can't wait to see pictures of your finished pillows - what a great cutter quilt! I've got to get moving on some handmades, just totally haven't been in the mood. I will be gone from the shop tomorrow from about 10:30 until 12:30 in case you were going to call. Dawn

Pots 'n Prims said...

Oh the quilt!! PERFECT colors!! And that medicine cabinet...OH how I need it!!! :)
XoXo~
lisa

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi sweetie!!! I LOVE the medicine cabinet...those pieces always sell so quick don't they?? Your pillows are gorgeous too, your so smart to repurpose it for a new life ~ wishing you a wonderful rest of the week sweet friend, xxoo, Dawn

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

I love the cutter quilt especially the brown, I have a quilt something like it only blues and reds which has faded to a rose there is a date on it of 1898 and I just love it!
Love the medicine cabinet and I'm sure it will sell right away.
Have a great day!
Rondell

LeeHillPrimitives said...

What beautiful quilt. Love the brown...

Colleen said...

I love that medicine cabinet! I wouldn't be able to get rid of it :)

I love homespun and made a ragged quilt from homespun several years ago. It was quick and easy...my kind of quilts...LOL

Janet - underthewillow said...

Judy I don't think you stink at taking pictures or otherwise, LOL!!....I wanted to tell you that I posted a picture especially for you on my Picture Trail, it's the peas! Janet