THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Monday, June 1, 2009

AUCTION WAS A BUST....but

Tony had great finds at the local flea market. He usually doesn't go on Saturday but he found some cool things - not tons mind you, but enough to make me happy !! He found this neat olde #4 watering can - with this large red "sprinkler" that I am sure is a "marriage" - it looks quite unique! The olde sprinklers are so very hard to find to fit the olde watering cans especially the "hard to find" #2 and #4 cans!!!Sunday was another good day for some unusual finds. The sun is shining and it is a bit cooler this morning which makes for a nice "work outside day" refinishing and cleaning. I don't think customers realized how much work goes into bringing an item to the store. We are "particular" in that all items are as clean and house ready as we can do them. I realize not everyone wants items that way...but that is "who" our store is. (once it sits in the store it just MIGHT get alittle "dusty" but we give that away FREE!)
I have a busy week getting ready for the Fairy Garden Class on Saturday...the tent is up and today I will finish filling the "Fairy Supplies" sacks, fill the bags with mulch and pebbles, and figure out my menu for our "gourmet lunch" !! I have already started "chanting" for a beautiful day weatherwise. It should be a good week - tomorrow is a fun day picking up the herbs for the fairy gardens and I think I will just make a "play day" out of it !!!

2 comments:

Ginny said...

Don't you just love it, when the auctions produce nothing and really could use stuff!! Glad to here business is picking up. I really wanted to do the Fairy Gardens, but we need to get ready for our antique show on Sunday, maybe next time, have a great day.

BARBARA said...

TAKE TIME FOR A FUN DAY AND THINK OF ME, YOUR FRIENDLY LITTLE STITCHER, AS I HAVE THE SEWING MACHINE "PEDAL TO THE METAL" TRYING TO GET LOVLIES FINISHED UP AND ON THE WAY TO PA BEFORE WE HEAD OFF TO THE WILD BLUE YONDER AND A MUCH ANTICIPATED GET AWAY....TA~TAH FROM WA STATE.....