THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Monday, May 18, 2009

STRAWBERRY DAYS AHEAD...

Gosh if this weather doesn't get warm soon and STAY warm the strawberries will never ripen! I loved to pick strawberries when the kids were young. We would go to a local field and they would have cardboard boxes (for free) and we would pick till we couldn't eat another one - that was always a good gauge of when to stop! Now the only strawberries I pick are the ones that our handmaidens make for us! Leah Webb made the two Strawberry Make-do's pictured above. I broke the one candlestick and had to bring it home to redo.....used an olde hogcraper - worked perfectly! (yes I grow onions inside) (big smile)....
I worked on flag stockings and strawberries most of the day today. Although I did take a break to purchase a new coffeepot. We have well water and it seems - no matter how much we white vinegar clean it - they get clogged up with minerals and start taking so l o n g to give me my coffee in the morning ! Not good until I have my coffee !!
My flag stockings are made from olde gauze bunting....I sold yards and yards of it in the store last year but saved just enough to make some stockings this year. I will take pictures when I get the hangers sewn on.
Tomorrow is Election Day here in PA and I am working the polls for a candidate for District Judge...it is a close race....although MY candidate is the best man for the job! It will be a long day but the weather is suppose to be wonderful....keeping my fingers crossed for the candidate and the weather...!!!
Some of our Strawberry display at the store....



9 comments:

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

Love those make-dos...so summery looking:)
Rondell

Bren said...

Strawberry's are my fav's and those are adorable.
Have a Good election day.
Hugs, Bren

Janet - underthewillow said...

I love decorating with handmade strawberries in the summertime....I think it's just about time for me to start putting away my springtime bunnies and redecorate for summer!....good luck tomorrow with the election! Janet

Shari said...

Love, love, love the strawberries! We used to take our kids to pick them as well........kinda stirs up the memories.
Good luck for your candidate...
Shari

Meadowbrook Cabin Primitives said...

Good morning, Judy !

Love those strawberry pinkeeps !

Coffeepots definitely do not last too long with well water.. I am forever cleaning my coffeepot out with white vinegar. It doesn't take long to clog the charcoal filter either ! And our water is almost like spring water!

I see by your temperature gauge on your blog ..you aren't too warm there ... we had a frost again last night here in this part of PA.
Pennsylvania is like a box of chocolates with the weather.. you never know what you are going to get !

Come on over to my blog.. and please sign up for the giveaway !

Hugs,
Linda

pammyjo said...

Luv those darling little displays and strawberries. You have a way with making things look so neat. Love my visits to your blog.

ctlogcabin said...

Good Morning Judy ~~
Love all the displays...and the peek into your home. Great buckets & onions !!
Have a Wonderful Day, and Best of Luck to your Favorite Candidate !!
Hugs ~ Connie xox

Karen said...

Morning Judy - hope it's beautiful there today.
Your shop always looks so inviting - I'm thinking we all just might have to take a trek up there when we have THE GATHERING OF FRIENDS get-together....are there more shops in your area that we can make a day of it????
Karen

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Berry berry nice make-dos! Your shop is a patch of prettiness!