THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Thursday, May 14, 2009

CHANGE...

It is raining this morning....I hope the temp goes up as I don't mind the rain when it isn't bone chilling and damp. A friend and I give each other "daily" weather reports....hers from the west coast and mine from the east.....aren't we silly ! Do you ever stop to think how much we talk or fuss about the weather....I must be getting olde!!!
Yesterday was very, very quiet in the store so what do I do to keep busy...?... move displays around....I started to set up and Americana display only to find out that I don't have as much as I thought.....I need to get busy!! I am always changing things around as boredom sets in easily and I love to play- growing up I always played house! There are big, heavy, fixed pieces in the store that need to be where they are....(the first floor has 7 windows, three doors and a staircase - makes it hard to move display pieces around)...so I have to work around them. That is not always easy and many times when I start changing it all goes back the way it was.....yi yi yi !!! I am also a "clutterer"....I like to think I have organized clutter...but I might be the ONLY one who thinks so....(big smile)! Having a country store is absolutely the BEST job I could have - fits my personality and "quirks" just perfect!
The picture is of "Hattie the Pot Lady" - I am sure everyone has seen her by now - years ago Barb from Turkey Hollow and I went to a store in Maryland where they had a HUGE pot lady in the garden made with all the very large pots. She was sitting in an olde wooden andirondeck chair just looking after the flowers and herbs. We made a few smaller ones that year and forgot all about her UNTIL I ran across the directions in an olde file folder - Tony made the above Hattie last year and she was a "door prize"....we also sold kits to make her yourself with instructions included...(some may know that we published alittle newsletter called the Seed Box that also instuctions were included).....anyway, I have two kits left and have to "rebox" them as they got a bit "squished" when I moved everything to the basement of the store from the attic. Have you ever made one....???

10 comments:

Chatty Kathy~Palmetto Prims said...

What a neat idea!!!! Haven't made one but wouldn't mind giving it a try. Fun project for me and my granddaughter. Are directions for sale or posted anywhere? Thanks!!

The Brickhouse said...

Judy, I love that and I want to make one! Would love to have the directions...???? I sure love visiting your blog and one of these days I need to VISIT your SHOP! I hope you have a wonderful weekend and a busy one in the Shop!
~~Patti~~

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Good morning Judy. We had thunderstorms here all night, looks like it is going to rain again this morning, but it's supposed to clear off and get into the 70's this afternoon! Hooray! Love your Hattie, she is adorable! We'll talk a little later, Dawn

BARBARA said...

ALTHOUGH I HAVE NEVER MADE A FLOWERPOT "HATTIE" I DO INDEED HAVE LOVELY MEMORIES OF OUR TRIP WHEN SHE WAS DISCOVERED... THANKS FOR THE MANY MEMORIES OF OUR TRIPS TAKEN TOGETHER... YOUR TRAVELING CHUM....XXXXXXX BARBARA

Karen said...

Morning Judy - how creative is that flower pot! Great idea.
Hope your rain stops soon - weather forcast doesn't look good though does it? I'm with you thought - the rain isn't all that bad if the temps were warmer.
Karen

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Judy, thanks so much for the phone call, it meant so much to me. One of these days I WILL get to PA and come see your shop. I just know I would love it and I'm pretty sure we have a lot the same taste! Have a great weekend, Dawn

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Thanks for the great comments and I'd love your traveling buddy and you to show up at my doorstep!!! I plan on getting your way one of these days! Have a great weekend, Dawn

the primitive country bug said...

Your Lady, "Hattie" is too sweet! I'm on your e-mailing list for newsletters, but how do we get the copy of the Seed Box with the instructions to make Miss Hattie? What a fun project that would be! I have a child sized Adirondack chair that is just waiting for someone like her to sit a spell. :)
Have a great weekend!
Blessings~ Birgit

ctlogcabin said...

Oh Miss Judy ...we all love change.
You do an amazing job of rearranging so its always fresh and new...your displays are awesome...just like you.
Sending Warm Hugs from the Cabin cause its
dang cold here, lol Connie xox.

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi sweet Judy!!!! Happy belated Birthday dear friend! I hope it was a wonderful one and I wish you many, many more! You're so sweet to take the time to visit me ~ you're such a busy girl with your store....hope all is well with you and your family ~ hugs and love! Dawn