THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Monday, May 11, 2009

BIRD TRICKS...

Every day for the past couple weeks when I would go to the store...the mat on the parking lot would be moved....sometimes alot more than this...

This is a very heavy mat.... about 2 1/2' X 4' in size ! I thought "kids" must be fooling around after hours....but today when I went to the store (to clean and redo)...I saw what was really happening....THE BIRDS.... hmmmm...it seems everything "clings" to this mat...especially little "threads" that just fall off my clothing (as I am always filled with threads of some nature)...and they do NOT sweep up easily - I have to bend down (UGH!!) and pick them off...which I do NOT do very often...what the broom gets is what is removed!! However it is "picked" clean of all threads and little pieces of whatever...the birds must be using it for their nests. Not a thread to be found !! Mystery solved ! I will put some "nesting" material out for them on Wednesday when I go to work!!!

3 comments:

Rabbit Hill Primitives said...

Oh how sweet! Love all the little birds, especially now after the quiet winter.
Have fun!
Jenn

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

That is amazing! Good detective work! Those birds are determined creatures, aren't they?!

Ginny said...

Judy, they love bits of fleece from sheep, maybe Kay from next door has some.