THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Thursday, May 28, 2009

ASPARAGUS BUNCHER....

Did you ever write a word and think ???? that it doesn't look right??? Well, that is how I felt about the word "asparagus" - thank goodness for spell check! The picture is of an olde "asparagus buncher" that farm wives used years ago. There isn't any date and on the bottom it just reads "Philadelphia Buncher" - cool huh ! It opens up with a trigger on the side where you see what looks like a handle. It is fastened to the olde wood and would have set flat on the kitchen work table. I love unique antiques.....I don't have to have the best but I sure do love the unusual. I have this in the store for sale.

6 comments:

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

I've never seen one of those...how neat to put a candle in it:)
Have a great day!
Rondell

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Oh Judy, what a cool piece! I love the old and unusual too. I'm writing you an e-mail too, Dawn

At Home With Amy said...

Great Candle Holder. I've never seen an asparagus buncher before and would never have known what it was if you hadn't told me.
Have a wonderful day,
AMY

Karen Valentine said...

Hi Judy!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. You kind words really do make my day!!! I love the idea of using that funny asparagus buncher as a candle holder!!! Well I'm off now to check out your shop!!!

Karen

gail said...

LOVE this & the croquet set!!!!!

Karen said...

What an interesting gadget. I've never seen one before either.

Karen