THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Friday, April 10, 2009

SOMETIMES THE MICROWAVE WINS....

I killed the bird....(I'm wearing a very sad face).....it's all because I can't live with "it's good enough" !!
I made the bird and aged it, but after it was dried and stuffed, I wasn't happy and wanted it a bit darker...soooooooo - doing what I never do....I touched up here and there on the bird making it darker and put it in the microwave to dry.....now I ALWAYS mic everything dry BUT NOT with the fiberfil in it.....now you know why.... burned a hole right into him......poor little birdie!!!

7 comments:

Janet - underthewillow said...

Oh no!!....the poor birdie!....looks like he'd have been a cute one too, darn!....good thing it didn't start a fire, yikes....just like a little kid having to push limits huh? LOL....have Happy Easter Judy! Janet :)

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Honey just sew a yo-yo over that owie. He's salvageable! It's the new REALLY prim look!!!

The Rustic Victorian said...

OH dear,,,I have done the same thing...but a patch will make just as interesting.
Happy Easter!

Karen said...

OMGosh, poor thing....sorry but I'm giggling right now. I think it's something I just might have tried but now that it has been tested and proven...I guess I won't do it. lol
Sorry for your loss....
Karen

Grace Maurer said...

And it was a lovely birdie, too. :(

I am the same way, Judy. Sometimes you just feel you need a tweak and then ..... somethin' happens.

Have a wonderful Easter day with your family and those wonderful grandkids you have. I can see their smiling faces now.

Grace

The Feathered Nest said...

I keep seeing this precious bird and want you to save it!!! Place a beautiful ribbon around it's neck and tie a bow at the burned spot...then sew on a small cluster of old lace and buttons....he's too beautiful to toss! xxoo, Dawn

Kudzu said...

hehe...story of my life :D maybe glue a flower on,too! make it a bonnet or cap!
kudzu