THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Friday, April 24, 2009

THE OUTHOUSE...

I like to say - way before it was "popular" to have an outhouse as a backyard "accessory" Tony made me one for the store in Morgantown, PA.....I had a very small little garden area in front of the store and needed a place to put the items that we displayed outside. So Tony made me an outhouse - complete with "sunroof" so it would give light inside. The Morgantown store was very, very small.....I still wonder how I ever had a business in there.....but that is where I met the most fascinating people that are still part of my life today....most are shopkeepers and it seems we have weathered the ups and downs together. I do miss that little store. HOWEVER the outhouse came with us to Hereford which brings me to....."spring cleaning" the outhouse. It was the chore I wanted to get done today but didn't......we are suppose to have some nice weather for the next two days and it must get done. I open the door from spring to winter and it is a fun place to display items. Hopefully I can get it all opened up and share it with you. We call it the Potty Shed - and it now sits on top of the septic tank at the store....(thought that quite fitting - don't you?) (big smile)...there was a cement pad there and it was the perfect spot in the yard. The original outhouse to the store (1860) is still standing too.....what a cutie that is. We use it for our garden tools, hose, potting soil etc.....that one even has a little window in it....oh pictures are a must - do you have an outhouse olde or new....??? Tell me about yours.....

6 comments:

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

I just don't think I could handle an outhouse. I'm terrified even of a porta-potty! I'd love an outhouse for a decoration, sure...!!! But NOT for its intended purpose, some bug might jump out or fly around at an inopportune time...

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Oh, be sure to post pictures!!! I either want an outhouse or a cute little shed in our backyard at home for gardening supplies. Can't wait to see what your's looks like! Dawn

Karen said...

How fun is this! lol
I'd love to see pictures of this outhouse.
Karen

ctlogcabin said...

Good Morning Miss Judy ~~
I'm back at home....still having trouble with my computer...but have been so busy out in the "the shed" that I almost don't care. lol
Loved visiting the store and you...Thanks for all your Help !!!
Sending Big Hugs ~~ Connie xox

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Oh my gosh, the weather changed and we have SUN today. I'm finally going to get a chance to get out to clean out my flower beds. HOORAY! My daughter said people are already coming into the shop, so maybe business will pick up. Let's all keep our fingers crossed! Dawn

Pippi said...

Love...Love...LOVE outhouses! My "powder" room on the first floor of my home is decorated as an outhouse. Can you imagine the looks I get when someone asks where the bathroom is, and I point to the outhouse door. (Really and truly taken off of an old outhouse!) Inside is a mecca of outhouse decor. I'll have to take some pics or you can just drop bye and see for yourself!