THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Thursday, April 23, 2009

HERITAGE MARKET SHOW...

The cash and carry was good....not alot of vendors BUT those that were there had great handmade goods. I didn't get a whole heck of alot as I pretty much had what I saw there....a couple really cool birdhouses, some wax beeskeps....(never have enough different beeskeps)....pillar candles from Just Browsing..(these are fantastic)...sold out and needed more....also their Lemon Herb potpourri!!! There were some unique shutter ideas - but they all sold quickly....quite a bit of repro furniture, which we don't do, but it was really made nice. My heart is just with the olde stuff! There were beautiful florals...but I have all that already and some nice wooden smalls. Honestly, it was a good show.
Afterwards, Sharon and I went to the Rosemary House (herb shop) for inspiration - walking into the store you enter a different world...the gardens are just starting to sprout and it was fun touring them guessing what was growing! We purchased a few treasures there and off to the Homestead Furnishing Wholesale Barn. That was pretty much picked over from shopkeepers coming the day before.....BUT I was able to spend a few too many dollars there too. NOT shopped out yet, we went to The Factory Antique Mall - where I was able to find 2 nice agate bowls for our Fairy Garden class.....so all and all it was a good, productive outing...and a long but fun day !
TODAY.....a boxful of goodies came from Homethrown Pottery....her neat soy candles and some great garden soap...all handmade by Lisa.
From Henny Penny's Country Store came a boxful of culinary lavender which customers have been asking for - Now they can make all the lavender recipes they have been dying to try!
So today was a very busy day trying to get everything priced and displayed.....Tony had quite a good bit of antiques for me too.....
Tomorrow is grandparents day at the elementary school....I will go in the morning to Kennedy's classroom and Tony will go later in the morning to Grayden's. I am really looking forward to going and I have to find something "cool" to wear so I am not the "olde fogey" grandmom! Life is Sweet !
BUT THE MOST FUN TODAY WAS A VISIT FROM CONNIE OF LOG CABIN PRIMITIVES...WE HAD A NICE CHAT AND LOTS OF HUGS.....!!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Well you did okay at Market!
Fresh culinary lavender - I imagine it smells devine.
Karen

Grace Maurer said...

Judy:

Will be heading your way on Wednesday with Teresa Scharp, Terri Palakia and Kim Lance. Can't wait to see you again.

Grace