THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Sunday, March 15, 2009

YOO HOO !

I didn't realize so many days went by without posting....life has been a bit busy!! Seems everyone is REALLY ready for spring to arrive and those cold days this past week got everyone talking about the "weather" again....BUT this time it was with great anticipation for the warm, breezy days of spring....and hoping that we have a nice L O N G spring!
Sprouts are starting to come up in the gardens.....the forsythia has tons of buds on the branches....I am going to pick some to force into bloom for the store this week. AND , what could be better than the arrival of some "Spring Peas".... Miss Barbara of Turkey Hollow is sending us some of her early spring peas that she has been working on...!!! Hopefully some spring onions will arrive too and we will have a great side dish of "peas and onions".... just in time for Easter dinner.
We are waiting for more Easter goodies to arrive at the store but still have a nice selection for you to "Welcome Spring" and have a "Happy Easter" fun time decorating. Tony has a good amount of "olde treasures" for me to take into the store this morning....so I best get ready -(I love to put new items in the store...redecorate displays....so it will be a fun day today....and if you come visit...it will be "double fun" !!!

7 comments:

Shari said...

Love the peas! Wish I could see your store and do a little shopping!

Hugs,
Shari

pammyjo said...

Oh my gosh, I love visiting your blog. Can I put you on my side bar as favorite places to visit? You peas are so awesome. Thanks for the great visit.

Carolyn said...

I'm on Spring watch myself! I haven't seen any Robins yet (almost my favorite thing about Spring beginning) but I heard one this morning when I was waking up (or was I dreaming?) My October daisy's are sprouting though and all the bulbs have broken ground. One warm, sunny day and it will be official....I don't care what the calendar says! ;)

Black Sheep Lisa said...

Oh i love those!!

Janet - underthewillow said...

Oh those peas look like fun! Janet :)

B said...

SPRINGTIME GARDEN PRODUCE IS POPPING UP DAY BY DAY HERE IN TURKEY HOLLOW... PICKING BOWLS FULL OF EARLY SPRING PRODUCE FOR SHIPMENT TO PA VERY SOON...ALONG WITH SWEET GARDENERS LARGE AND SMALL AND CRITTERS TOO,,,, SPRINGTIME IS TRULY COMING YOUR WAY FROM FAR AWAY WA STATE.....
XX

Karen said...

Hi Judy, I forget that you all in the east get these little treats of the FIRST OF SPRING before us in the Midwest!
I've always been amazed when we come out there like in Apri and May and see all the color from blooms! Lucky you.

Now those peas are adorable and wow they look time consuming to make but soooo cute.

Hugs, Karen
http://mycolonialhome.blogspot.com/