THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Sunday, March 15, 2009

THIS IS MY WEEKEND....


Monday and Tuesday the store is closed and I consider this "my" weekend - I am feeling very Easter-ly - all yellow and purple. I have all my Easter decorations down from the attic and tomorrow inbetween working on the taxes ( they are still not done - but I go to the accountant on Tuesday sooooooo they gotta get done) I will decorate the house. I don't do as much as I use to - I guess I get the decorating "bug" out of me with all I do at the store. I use to put Easter grass on all the windows downstairs...geesch !!! There are seven - 24" deep windowsills....and I would be cleaning up Easter grass for as long as I clean up Christmas tinsel...yegads - I am a glutton for punishment. AND, it was that glossy, slippery stuff...not the cool paper grass they have today...!!! I have lots of olde baskets that would sit in the grass and I wrote to you about my addiction to "eggs"....well eggs would be everywhere - and bunnies....all kinds of rabbits and peeps !! My mother started me on eggs when she gave me three little ceramic Easter eggs for the kids - Kelly (stepdaughter), Shannon and Tad. They had bunnies on the front and I am sure everyone made these in "ceramic class" !! My Mom would buy little treasures from a lady she worked with - such good memories...I miss those days. I think today I am missing my Mom as she made every holiday a HUGE celebration and decorated every room...I will admit to some "tacky" decorating as she loved it all....She put Easter grass all over a bay window and lots and lots of jelly beans along with all her Easter bunnies and chicks...guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree after all.


4 comments:

Shari said...

Can't wait to see pics of the windows...When my kids were little, I used to decorate like crazy for all the holidays too. Not as much fun any more and a whole lotta effort! LOL!

I must get my taxes finished this week too. Not much fun either! LOL!

Off to take a peek at your picture trail.

Hugs,
Shari

ctlogcabin said...

Miss Judy ~~ Thanks for sharing your Easter decorating memories of your MoM. No matter how old we get, or how long we have been with out them..our MoM's are never far from our hearts, thoughts & minds.
Sending you Love & a Special Hug ~ Connie xox

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

I'll admit to liking some mighty tacky decorations myself! It's all in fun...brightens the days fer sure...

UPON A HILL said...

I really like your banner. It is really spring looking, with all the colors. It just invites spring to come.