THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Friday, March 20, 2009

A SUPER DUPER DAY...

Well the first day of spring started out anything but.....we had snow flurries ???? Cold and windy !!! Not until I decided to eat lunch was there any action in the store...AND then the car with the Connecticut license plate pulled in the parking lot....!!! What a great visit Connie and I had...and she went home with a car full of treasures....(making up for the visits she missed with all the crap weather this winter) !! Real hugs are the very best !! My daughter surprised us with a visit too (she was playing hooky from her teaching job)...and we all had a nice chat. Never enough thyme though. We had Shannon (daughter) take pictures of us.....lots of them.....BUT it was quite evident that neither Connie nor I did any dieting this past winter so I opted to just post this one of our very happy faces...(Connie gave me a quick lesson in leaning forward so the double chin doesn't show!!) I don't think that worked so well for me....LOL!!
The neat part of having a country store is having friends who love what you love and get excited over the same goodies as you do....I have more than my share of blessings.....

7 comments:

Janet - underthewillow said...

you two look like you're having way too much fun and I wish more than anything I could be there too!....ok here's me blowing kisses you you both! ::::xxxxxxxx:::: Janet :)

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Such sweet & pretty faces filled with friendship and fun! Glad yer first day of Spring was a lovely one!

B said...

LIFE IS A WONDERFUL GIFT MADE ALL THE BETTER WHEN SHARED WITH TRUE FRIENDS..... YOU AND CONNIE ARE VERY LUCKY INDEED TO HAVE YOUR COUNTRY FRIENDSHIP WITH EACH OTHER.. HAPPY SPRINGTHYME~~ XXX

Kath said...

Oh how wonderful & fun!!
I don't think those smiles can get any bigger! :)

Have a great weekend.
hugs-Kath

Karen said...

Morning Judy,
Isn't it fun when friend come visit and break up the day...that makes up for no customers in the morning!
Great picture by the way!

Hugs, Karen
http://mycolonialhome.blogspot.com/
kmprimitives@yahoo.com

ctlogcabin said...

Good Morning Miss Judy ~~
I know you are long gone to work but this is the first chance I had to come over and visit. Loved all the real and virtual hugs I got yesterday !!!
Thanks everybody.
Also loved the whole visit, still having fun going thur the bags and placing my treasures around...and love all the extra goodies I found in my bag. :-) Plus as I've said before the package from the Cinnamon Stick is just as good as the contents in the bag. If my family wasn't all around me I would find me a patch of dirt in PA and pitch a tent....so much of my heart is there. You Judy always give us a warm welcome, and yesterday we got the extra treat of meeting your lovely daughter.
All in all a great day.......loved all of it.
The picture Not So Much...lol but Judy you know my feelings on that, inside I feel about 25 so when I have to see my image I'm as shocked as anyone. lol So now please make another post real quick so, that one can move down.
Thanks again ~~
Love & Hugs ~ Connie xox

The Country Nest said...

I need to use this trick too. I would need to lean forward each day, he he

Donna