THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

SCENTED ROSE GERANIUM PLANT....


Above is a picture of my scented rose geranium which sits on a hallway windowsill - it is three years olde. An herb from the "pelargonium" family it comes in many varities but the rose is my favorite. Tonight I made a rose geranium cheesespread which I will serve tomorrow at the store. It is so delicious and very different. Just 8 oz. of cream cheese and 4-5 leaves from my plant chopped fine. That's it ...and always a HUGE favorite - served with butterfly crackers. I use this plant for making a white cake too....another story for another time.
In 1995 I published a very small, but unique little "herb booklet" filled with some recipes and little it's and bit's about herbs called the CINNAMON THYMES. You may not know it yet but I am utterly in love with herbs....by no means any kind of an expert...I just love how beautiful they are in bouquets...how wonderfully delightful their fragrance is ....and how good they taste (Dill being a favorite) !! This small booklet we sell in the store for $3.00 and just had it reprinted.....the complete book was written by hand by MaryLou Jenkins...a friend I met thru the store long ago...a visionary....who with pen and ink created all the lovely drawings in this booklet.....!!! The pictures do not do it justice but if you are getting the "herb planting bug"....send me an email and I will send you a copy for $3.00 - you can always pay with Paypal thru our picturetrail.
Have a good evening.....

6 comments:

The Brickhouse said...

I would love to buy your herb book..just sent you an email!
~~Patti~~

Pots 'n Prims said...

Hi Judy!
Well, I will say, the little herb booklet is WONDERFUL! I have enjoyed it & pull it out often!:)(I'm an herb addict too!)
And, Rose Geranium is my FAVE! Had no idea it could live inside so well, though! I'm always sad to see them die in winter, so I will have to be sure to bring one into the house when I find them this season!
XoXo!
lisa
p.s. the spread sounds yummy! :) I made Rose Geranium honey a few years ago & it was delish!

B said...

YOUR GREEN THUMB IS SHOWING AS YOUR PLANT LOOKS PERFECTLY HAPPY TO BE SITTING ON YOUR WINDOWSILL... YOUR SWEET LITTLE HERB BOOK IS TRULY AN OLD FASHION TREASURE THAT NEVER GOES OUT OF STYLE...IT BRINGS MEMORIES OF MORGANTOWN FLOODING BACK ..NOW THAT REALLY IS A "GOOD THING"...
XXXX

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Not only do you love herbs, but they must love you, too -- to live 3 years in a pot inside!!! That takes some doing! Your booklet looks lovely and is surely one of those little "treasures" that come in small packages and unexpectedly!

UPON A HILL said...

I once grew scented rose geranium, but it was left behind in our moving. You do have a green thumb

The Country Nest said...

Ahhhhh Rose geranium an all time favorite of mine. I love it with a bundle of flowers in the summer and you can root it from cuttings. I have soap scented with rose geranium and I have dried it. I guess I will have to buy your book too. Great post!
Donna