THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Friday, March 27, 2009

PEEP~PEEP~PEEP

I love little peeps....( well you already know I love the marshmellow kind)...!! When we were little (I am the oldest of five) my parents ALWAYS every Easter got us baby chicks...and they were PINK, BLUE, GREEN....!!! Easter Morning would be a fiasco of chocolate bunnies in one hand a a baby chick in the other. I don't know how they survived all the love and attention they got....but in a week or two they were living on a farm not far from our home. As they started to grow the dye would only be on the tips of their feathers!
You could walk into the FIVE & DIME - Woolworth's to be exact ....and there would be a cage full of peeps...all different colors and very, very noisy. (I am leaving out the "poop" part to keep this a good memory) !!!
Well, seems like I still have a compulsion to have "peeps" all around me....the picture above is made of hand-dyed wool and he has nested in an olde little girl's "Maryjane" shoe. I have another peep who nested in an olde baby shoe....will have to take a picture of that one too... Have a happy Friday -

4 comments:

Pots 'n Prims said...

Sweet story! :) That's so cute that they were dyed springy colors!! hehe!
And LOVE the little peep in the shoe!
Have a wonderful day & tons of sales!
Xo~
lisa

Janet - underthewillow said...

The chickie in the shoe is so cute!....love those eggs in the pedestal dish too!....have a busy Friday!! Janet :)

UPON A HILL said...

Oh I love the shoe! I recognize that silver dish, I have one of those also!

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Yes, post the other picture, too! That is too cute, and I sure like yer memory of the baby chicks.