THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Thursday, March 19, 2009

JUST BORN.....

You know those little marshmellow peeps that pop up all over the place each spring....well they are made about 25 miles from our store by a company called Just Born, in Bethlehem, PA. In 2004 they celebrated 50 years of making the peeps. (we sold chocolate dipped peeps that year) Now everyone around here has a special way they like to eat the peeps....some like them fresh and soft as can be....me (and many others) love them when they are stale...hard and you have to really tug to get a mouthful !! I no longer purchase them as I would eat the whole carton and then be sick. But I get my "fix" on Easter when I go to my sister's house where she will have a HUGE basket of candy with some marshmellow peeps !!!
The picture below are the "just born today" peeps at The Cinnamon Stick. Made of hand dyed wool, glass bead eyes and sporting a necklace of purple string. Don't you love the purple string !! Tony got lots of it at a flea market a couple years ago....I use it to tie up packages, make bows and tie price tags on for Easter and spring.

It was damp and rainy in Hereford today...and we weren't very busy...so I busied myself with making peeps, vintage postcard pillows and rearranging some displays....I played alittle bit with our next "event" at the store...Just trying to get my ideas working in my head...

Tomorrow is "spring" what a wonderful time of the year!!! HAPPY SPRING TO YOU !!!

9 comments:

Yankee Ridge Primitives said...

The are adorable:)

Bren said...

Love the peeps!! Happy Spring to you!
Hugs, Bren

Karen said...

Hi Judy!
First....I love the bunny in your header...looks like he's irridescent!

And love the Just Born's you made....and lavender is such a great Spring color. Mostly people seem to use yellow, blue and pink...I love the lavender.

Karen
My Colonial Home

The Brickhouse said...

Hi Judy, I love marshmallow peeps...now I have a craving, especially for chocolate covered ones!
One of these days I am making the trip out to see you and your wonderful shop.
Happy Spring!
~~Patti~~

Kimberly said...

What sweet lil peeps! Happy spring!
Blessings, Kimberly

ctlogcabin said...

See You Soon ~~ Miss Judy !!!
Cant wait to see your "Just Born Peeps" ~~
Sending Spring Hugs ~ Connie xox

Kath said...

Awh how cute, love your little peeps! :)


Happy Spring!

hugs-Kath

clothnclay said...

Absolutely love your blog and am so looking forward to visiting your shop as soon as I have a few free moments. It looks like a delightfully wonderful place! Becky

Janet - underthewillow said...

Your peeps are too cute Judy!....husband likes the marshmellow ones stale....the boys would always razz him about leaving them out of the box....they are not my favorite candy so I would probably like your's much better! LOL Janet :)