THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Monday, March 23, 2009

GETTING READY....


...for that bushel of peas that will soon be on their way from Turkey Hollow to THE CINNAMON STICK. I made this sack from a very olde bank bag - and transferred a likeness of a vintage seed packet on it. The strap is made from olde ticking. It is hanging from a "pig hook"...(can you believe I use to collect olde pig hooks?? Only have two left..sold the rest....silly things some folks collect). This will look great grouped with a couple blue canning jars with "peas" in them.....well, maybe just a label that says "peas" - don't think I will EVER can again !! The days of me playing "farmwife" are over....been there done that !!! Very happy to go to the farmer's market to get fresh veggies.

3 comments:

Janet - underthewillow said...

Hi Judy!....I was fortunate enough to be able to purchase some of Barbara's peas straight from Turkey Hollow and I gotta tell ya that they are absolutely CHARMING!....your customers are going to LOVE them!....they will be buying them by the dozen!! Janet :)

Janet - underthewillow said...

Judy....I'm saving my peas for summer as I am planning an "everything green and lavender" theme! Janet :)

Karen said...

Morning Judy....love the bag and I must say I've never heard of a Pig Hook. But it's rather neat how nicely it hold it.
Karen