THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Sunday, March 8, 2009

G R O W...."YOUR JUST A FLOWER FROM AN OLD BOUQUET"


The pictures above are the sample for our next class on March 25th. Using those olde medicine bottles Tony purchased at auction, we will decorate them with images from olde books, vintage games and cards, an olde song book and more....!! Brenda Bobbin (isn't that a cool name) will teach the class - she is the one who hosts our "Ornament Exchange"...(remember the pics of her home!!!) Well she has tons and tons and tons of its and bits to work with - the fern on the "G" bottle is real - added scrabble and other game pieces help spell out the word GROW !!
I need to find a smaller flower pot to use on the top of the one bottle -(stoled that one from my fairy garden) - all the bottles will be different shapes and sizes but that is what ART is all about.
What I love about our classes is that you will finish the project that evening and take it home with you - I forgot to take pictures of the back of the bottles but they have some doo-dads there too !!
Info for the class will be posted on our PT....I hope you can come join us....just think how pretty fresh sprigs of herbs or flowers will look in those beautiful bottles that you made all by yourself!
PS...YOU'RE JUST A FLOWER FROM AN OLD BOUQUET is the title of a song....honest !!!!

4 comments:

Mad Red Hare said...

Your class sounds like so much fun. Wish I was closer!

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Oh, there is one of yer pretty pansies next to the G R O W display! Looks like such a fun class/project!

UPON A HILL said...

This is my first vistit to your blog. You really have some nice items, & store.The bottle class would be fun to do.

Elm Hollow Primitives said...

Judy-Good Evening,
I missed Melissa but the buzz in the salon was they all liked her. I hope she does good. My sister-in-law called the shop today to come see you and said you were closed on tuesdays. Bummer. She is going to try and get there tomorrow after work. I am interested in the cutting board on your header. Is it for sale? If so what is the price? I wanted her to get it for me if she can.
Tootalls-Donna