THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Monday, February 2, 2009

ONE OF THOSE DAYS...


I sit here troubled that I left all my "running around" to be done tomorrow - as I listen to the weather forecast - NOT GOOD !! I am hoping that if I get a real early start I can avoid most of the bad weather. Sharon and I are headed out to pick fabric for our next class - covering a paper mache box - plus we wanted to get the sample done so I could post it and put the sample in the store for Wednesday. AND - I have made arrangements to meet with my HERB LADY to pick up some herbs to sell in the store....NEVER EVER too early to seek out wonderful herb plants. Just walking into her greenhouses is the most sensual feeling of "springthyme" you can ever imagine. I never want to leave once I am there. The humid air...the breathtaking scents...it is just - well, undescribable !!! I will be disappointed if the snow keeps me away.
I did my usual Monday paperwork, laundry (still doing that as I slacked off this week), and grocery shopping. I am thinking Easter and spring and must get a flyer printed to hand out and I must start working on some new items. The store looks quite empty right now...we have sold some BIG items and have none to replace them with. My sweet olde cookstove (green and cream porcelain) is gone....makes me sad and happy at the same time...more happy today as I put the check in the bank! Aren't I horrid....LOL!!
Best get started on some dinner...this is hubby's Board of Commissioner's meeting tonight and my night to watch THE BATCHELOR !! I have picked my favorite Batchelorette....anyone else out there with a favorite???

6 comments:

Jill said...

I have been looking on line for a tutorial on covering paper mache boxes with fabric. So far, I have not been able to find one. Would you consider doing one? I am not a blogger myself, but enjoy reading yours and others. I love most everything prim, colonial or country. Thank you for reading my comment and possibly considering a tutorial. Wish I was close to Pennsylvania, I would love to visit your shop.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Uh-Oh...hope ye get finished with those errands before the bad weather hits! I'm with you on the herbs -- I love them! Love walking through greenhouses, too...you're so right about that wonderful earthy smell!!! I still have some mint in the yard that hasn't been killed back, I heaped leaves on it and threw a bunch of leftover netting on it and it's still green and growing! Love to go pinch a few leaves and dream of spring!

MISS PRUDENCE said...

WINTER DREAMS OF MY HERB GARDENS COMING TO LIFE IS SURELY ONE OF LIFES SWEET PLEASURES,,, FOR THIS FINE DAY A TRIP TO THE LOCAL GARDEN SHOP YIELDED COLORFUL PRIMROSES AND WEE YELLOW DAFFODILS , TWO SIMPLE COUNTRY PLEASURES FOR ME THAT MAKE MY HEART SING... BUYING FRESH HERB PLANTS IS A SPRINGTIME PLEASURE TO LOOK FORWARD TO ~HOW LUCKY YOU ARE TO BE ABLE TO BUY THEM IN FEBRUARY...XXXX~~~~B

THE SPICE CUPBOARD said...

Jill...if you send me your email address I will send you a website that has complete instructions for covering paper mache boxes...it is really easy to follow the directions...Judy

Elm Hollow Primitives said...

Judy Oh my the bacholor is gettting so good. I like all the girls now. Tonights show was so sad. What a classy lady I hope she finds someone too. Well as far as I am concerned I hope they all are great girls. I to would love the web page on covering boxes. I have tried a couple of times and not sure if I am satisfied.
Tootalls-Donna
nattercosty@comcast.net

Jill said...

Judy, I would very much appreciate the web page for covering boxes with fabric. If you could e-mail me at jill1942@gmail.com. Thank you so much for responding. Have a wonderful day!