THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

:*:HERBS SWEET HERBS:*:

I went anyway....inspite of the falling snow....inspite of the roads being slushy...I just went !! I had an agenda today and I was NOT going to let some snow flurries ruin it. Aren't I talking tough...the gal who refuses to drive in snow! My herb lady said the roads in Lancaster were clear and the flurries had stopped....so off I go to pick up Sharon - both of us live off the main highways - it got alittle "hairy"....but once we were on the main roads all was just fine. I got 24 herb plants to bring to the store tomorrow. The car smelled so wonderful. I can't wait to get them all display in olde boxes and drawers - olde tins and whatever else I can find. Scrounging for goodies to display in is fun! EXCEPT...those gals from Colorado bought most of the olde boxes and olde drawers when they were in for the Market last week....BUT hey Sandi and Laurie...THANKS FOR THE BUSINESS !! XOXO !!
We also went to the Hayloft Fabric store and found TOO MANY wonderful fabrics...we chose a nice black on tan for the covered box class. I really have to be "held back" when I go in a fabric store - I just love fabric....My "find" of the day was this really neat "pewter" color fabric in a small paisley print....I don't have a clue what I am going to make with it but I had to own 2 yards of it and a few yards of 5 other fabrics...yi yi yi yi !!! Fabric shopping is lots of FUN!
Here's my herbs and here's our covered box.....hope some of you can come to the classes....they are always so much fun too !!!




9 comments:

Janet - underthewillow said...

Hi Judy!....it sounds like you had a fun day!....we finally got a teeny tiny little bit of snow last night but it was all melted away by noon....love the fabric covered box! Janet :)

MISS PRUDENCE said...

I CAN ALMOST SMELL THE DELIGHTFUL FRAGRANCE OF FRESH HERBS ALL THE WAY HERE,,,,,,,,& A TRIP TO THE HAYLOFT,,,, ANOTHER PA DELIGHT TO LONG FOR.... STAY SNUG!!!~~XXX

Elm Hollow Primitives said...

Judy- You are right about Stephanie even though I really liked her. The girls and I at the salon think maybe she will be the next bachlorett(? spelling). I think you are right and Melissa is from Texas-could be a good one.
Your herbs look lovely and I can smell them all the way here. I am definitly going to try a box. I will send you my email. Thanks
Tootalls-Donna

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

The herbs are so pretty, especially the ones with the bi-colored leaves! They look as good as they smell!

Love that fabric-covered box -- is that crocheted trim on top?

Kath said...

Oh my fresh herbs....what could be better than smelling that fresh aroma on a cold nasty winter's day?!
Love that box!!

hugs-Kath

ctlogcabin said...

Sweet ~ Sweet Herbs...ooohh and the Covered Box is wonderful !!
Maybe Mr. Tony needs a run around day for
some new antique goodies. :-)
Hugs ~ Connie xox

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

If I lived near you I'd definitely be at your class for the covered boxes, I've always wanted to try that because I think they are so prim. The box pictured is great~

I love the herbs too, I'm sure your store smells lovely!
Rondell

Rabbit Hill Primitives said...

I can almost smell those herbs...to bad we can't scratch and sniff! I can't wait for Spring to arrive. Your shop is going to be lovely with all those wonderful plants...looking forward to a few pics. One day I will find myself in your part of PA. Have a pleasant evening ~~ Jenn

Back in the Day said...

The herbs look great - they are going to be fabulous in your store!