THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Monday, January 19, 2009

WEARING A SAD FACE...

Our get together for our ornie exchange was cancelled today....regretful indeed...however Brenda's house has that horrid "flu" germ floating around...you know the one that ATTACKS both ends of the body!! She is feeling better but her sweet daughter Brenna ( who is a diabetic) had to be taken to the hospital as nothing.....NOTHING .....would stay down! So next week it is...which is good for me....but poor Brenda had everything ready. I have to tell you that she goes way over board and then two extra miles on top of that, preparing for the party. (I think she likes to play Tea Room Owner too!!!).... Her seating place tags are ALWAYS unique and this year she told me she was using fresh flowers - and that was the only bummer of waiting till next week.....So next week it is and now I have something to look forward to !!
Today I will do some household chores and pull out my Easter patterns....I am ready to think spring as I look out the window and see all white.....remember I am a "color" person and I would love to be seeing blue skies (they are grey) and green grass and yellow daffodils...!!!

4 comments:

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Sorry about the delay of the party you were going to! Very disappointing for all involved! But staying away from germies is a good idea!

My jonquils are several inches high already. Won't be long now. They are the very first to bloom in our whole city, and people drive by to see them!

Karen said...

Well if that isn't a dissapointment but so sorry that Brenda and family were ill. Boy it's going around. Seems everyone I talk to has someone in their house with it.

Stay warm and be crafty!
Karen

Kudzu said...

So sorry friends and family are sick. Sinus problems here and bronchitis,too.
But, you have something to look forward to next week!
It's 55 here right now, brrrr...must be a cold front :D
JUST KIDDING!
Kudzu

Back in the Day said...

I hope Brenda and her family are feeling better soon!