THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Thursday, January 22, 2009

OLDE BOTTLES..

Hmmmm....I think these should last me for awhile ...don't you !! Tony got this great olde box full of olde bottles - medicine mostly - at auction on Monday. I think we will have to have a class on making the "altered art" bottles like Miss Brenda does for the store. Maybe for Easter....wouldn't that be fun !!! Now I am wondering if there will be enough.....LOL! He is slowly cleaning them as they are alittle - let's say "dusty" !!
It is still cold here...in the teens...But we might get a bit of a break tomorrow....fingers crossed.
I want to see green grass! Guess I will have to grow some!
I'm expecting new items to arrive this weekend at the store for Valentine's Day and then my mindset has to start thinking spring and Easter. I have the menu all planned for our Valentine Social....gosh that is coming fast too...you better get into the store and fill out your Valentine Card for the entry box!! We will have lots of nice gifts to giveaway....I always love a party!!
Hope everyone has a very pleasant day.

4 comments:

Char said...

Hey girlie...if you decide you have too many on your hands I would like to purchase a few from you if possible!...I would love to have them inside an old bathroom cabinet I have!

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

I keep saying this: I wish I lived near yer store! Argh! Maybe I'll win the lottery and fly up there to admire & buy up all the goodies...*dreams*

Back in the Day said...

I love the old bottles! What a great find!

Kudzu said...

I love those old bottles. When I was little, we'd dig them up at my Granny's house in town. The land had been filled in with trash, and there was lots and lots of goodies. Around Christmas time I noticed people making the snowman jars, and just fell in love with that look! Since then, I've seen dolls made from them, and other types of altered bottle art. You got a wonderful bargain!
Kudzu