THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Friday, January 23, 2009

NEW GOODIES IN THE STORE....




My treasure box came today from Turkey Hollow Folkart.....I posted all the goodies on the Picture Trail for sale....I am just so excited...Barb use to always tell me that she would find something that she had purchased from our store and it would have the "Cinnamon Stick" smell....(that would be Linseed oil and spirits)....Tony's concoction of bringing life back into olde wood. She always made me smile with this as other customers would also say...My husband knew I was at The Cinnamon Stick today because he could "smell" it in the house....!!! I would like to think The Cinnamon Stick smelled like CINNAMON...however Tony's concoction wins out!!! LOL!! Well...Barbara's treasures ALWAYS have the Turkey Hollow scent.....a concoction of cloves and cinnamon ....a bit of sweet annie maybe...??? ...whatever it is her home has got to be the nicest smelling house ever! She laughs when I talk about her "scent"....but I swear you could blindfold me and I could "sniff" my way to her treasures!!! Just opening the box it rushes out to you !!! She also filled some small vintage hearts with some "lavender"...this box smelled the best!!!!
The 1803 Soy Candles arrived today too....I am truly in love with them after being told how wonderful they were for over a year by another storekeeper and completely ignoring her ...until she sent me one...that did me in - I was hooked. This is our second order and I already am working on the third....I want all their candles....I am that impressed!!
Do I dare say the little Valentine mice arrived today too!!! I know these will not stay very long.
All and all it was a fun day today....much appreciated....and did you see the temperature....woohoo hit 50 degrees today - that won't stay long either....(sad face) !!!

3 comments:

MISS PRUDENCE said...

LOVE IS IN THE AIR~~~ AS WELL AS MICE AND HEARTS AND PILLOWS AND WONDERFUL CANDLES..... PERFECT~~~!!BUNNIES AND LITTLE LADIES STUFFED WITH COTTON AND STITCHED UP EXTRA SPECIAL ARE IN THE WORKROOM GETTING READY TO MAKE THE TRIP TO PA... HOW MUCH FUN TO BE APPRECIATED BY YOU AND YOUR CUSTOMERS,,, THANK YOU FOR MAKING ME FEEL SO SPECIAL.... X~X~o

Karen said...

I love that about the smells/aromas coming from things.
I can tell where i have purchased something by the scent as well - especially when we go to Pennsylvania shopping it seems each store we go into has a different scent.
Sometimes when we find a shop around here and walk in it will trigger the image of a certain store from there.
Scents/smells are one of our most sensitive memory triggers.
Karen

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

I'm afraid you can tell when something has come from my house, too...eau du felines et canines...*sigh*...with a sprinkling of West Texas dust over all...!!!

*sniffing at the screen* ... I smell the concoction! And the Turkey Hollow scent! Hooray!

Gosh what lovely lovely and FUN goodies you have on display, me dear!