THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

THE MOOD...

I received a couple emails asking about the "mood" of the buyers and vendors at the show...so I thought I would post it here for everyone to see...shopkeepers and shoppers !! This was the last day of the show....and the first I was able to go. Not every vendor was happy....and I tend to think they were the ones with the imports ...the cheap imports. The vendors I dealt and talked with were very happy....said it wasn't the greatest buying numbers but much more than what was expected. They seemed pleased. There is a lot of Fall and Christmas there and buyers may not have been ordering that as much of everyday stuff. The "DEALS" were great....free shipping with so much $$ orders...etc. Many had no minimum orders...
Everyone was cheerful and seemed to be having a good time (I ate my way around the aisles)...LOL!! The buyers were courteous and said "excuse me"....(storekeepers know what I mean by that statement if they have attended the last few trade shows)...It was a fun day....maybe because during my shopping, the PA system and various TV's here and there, were showing the Inauguration....a new beginning for everyone! Crowds gathered in front of TV's during Obama's speech....they even applauded....was quite exciting to see the enthusiasm for this new President from young and olde alike....Maybe that was why the atmopshere was on the jubilant side. For whatever reason, the mood was POSITIVE.....Storekeepers were ordering and looking forward to a great SPRING season.....(me too!!)

4 comments:

Kudzu said...

Sounds great and glad everyone still appreciates the quality and talent of handmade in the USA!
I've passed along "The Lemonade Award" to you!
I know how hard it is to find time anymore, and how hard it is to choose just 10 bloggers...so I'm leaving these awards to the ones I choose with out any strings! Just pass it along to whomever you wish...1 or 10 or 100 of your favorite bloggers to pass it along to their favorites!
Kudzu

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

It sure has been a jubilant day! So much excitement. Schools here got out early, too!

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

Buyers said "excuse me??" Really??? Wow !! That would have been the highlight of the show! LOL!! I went to the Atlanta show and the mood was about the same there too. I went on a Sunday and it was packed! It felt good to be around "positive energy"! It makes you feel like we are all gonna make it somehow! Hope you found lots of goodies!
Stay toastie!
Beth

ctlogcabin said...

Please, Thank You, Excuse Me, Sorry, such simple words but they go a long way in making a day more enjoyable.
Never can figure why some people have a
hard time saying them.
So glad to hear you found some goodies, I know I'm saving for my next visit to The Cinnamon Stick ~~
Hugs ~ Connie xox