THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Saturday, January 31, 2009

MARKET SQUARE TRADE SHOW...

Just returning home....shaking my head cause I have this thing about spending money....I LOVE DOING IT !! I couldn't help myself. Told myself to be "frugal" "thrifty" "cautious" ...I was NOT!
The market was not that large...not like previous years - maybe that is why I did not get overwhelmed and was able to really take my time and choose really good items for the store. I am excited...it is going to be a great year....I found really nice Easter and spring treasures....imported yes...but I think you will agree when you come that it is "quality" imports. ( not fabric items....paper mache and resin) Lots of beautiful florals.
They will fit nicely with our mainly HANDCRAFTED TREASURES!! And again I purchased more candles....what is with me lately with candles??? Some great spring scents - these are all pillars and we are in NEED of pillars. There were things I wanted for the store...like the battery operated tapers....but I thought....every store has those - I wanted to purchase items I didn't think you would find anywhere else...I think I did a good job.
I did order some fall and Christmas....it is always good to get that out of the way from the bigger companies...
I am spoiled....the artists that make items for the store are so very talented...the detail and love that they put into making their treasures cannot be purchased at a trade show. I am blessed to have such wonderful gals making things for us. I don't know why I am so lucky but I will not question - I will just embrace it !!
ON A FUN NOTE....Karen from MY COLONIAL HOME and I met today....she is prettier than her picture and just as sweet as you can imagine.....and so is her hubby Doug. Neat couple...and it was fun to talk - I wish we had more time. We both had our noses to the grindstone - but next time we will have to meet after the show and have dinner...sounds like a plan to me!
I had a great day today !!!

5 comments:

The Junkin' Yaya said...

Hi sweetie!
Thank you so much for your comment on my question about why women comment on blogs! :)

Just like at my shop for 30 years, I am still sometimes trying to figure out what women want to buy (and as you know...it is constantly changing. A few steadfast items, but always moving.)

Love your store!!! I wish you the best and keep in touch....as will I.

xo...deb (the junkin' yaya)

Karen said...

Hi Judy....well what can I say except I WAS SO HAPPY TO MEET YOU AND TONY TODAY! I'm so glad I told Doug what color sweater you werre going to be wearing because he was looking at every nametag of every woman with a green top on....sometimes I think he was just looking in that area for the fun of it! lol But he found you!!!!

It sure was a quite show wasn't it...but it gave the serious shoppers a chance to get in and really think.

For me that probably was a bad thing because I only have my site to sell on, not a shop so I just might have over ordered - on the up side...if it doesn't sell guess who gets it...MEEEEEE.

I was so happy to meet you Judy - what a special lady you are. Maybe next time I will get up to your shop as well.

Hugs, Karen

Elm Hollow Primitives said...

Good Morning Judy-The game was great. We all had butterflys the last 2 minutes. I just Love the way our Steelers Play. All heart and never give up! Yeah Steelers-I'm very proud!
Have a great day.
Tootalls-Donna

ctlogcabin said...

Judy ~~ How neat you got to meet Donna & her hubby,I was wondering if you guys would find each other. I'm sure you picked the
Very Best Stuff...you always do.
Cant wait till I can get into the store, to see,
touch, smell and buy some goodies.
Hugs ~ Connie xox

Martha, Vintage Trifles said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and the sweet comments. I know it's necessary to order from the large suppliers, but really glad you like to also incorporate work from artists. Does my heart good to hear it! Wish I could visit your shop, but will have to stop in via your blog! M.